• VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Did he only buy it to flip it?

If not, why sell it at all? That isn't a terribly high number for .22

Yeah 10,000 is what I want to keep on hand. When I get to 5,000 I panic. Other then some replacement I haven't bought .22 in years. I shot very little rimfire keeping what I had for the kids and new shooters. I am looking to stock back up in 2017. Bonkers if your friend is legit PM me with what you have and I might be interested. If your friend is a flipper I hope he looses money and wasted his time.

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    If you had a friend with 10,000 rounds of various .22 LR ammo, what would you tell him is the best way to sell it?

I would suggest the best bang for the buck and highest return would be to start working on a time machine and go back five years... That many rounds back then at the current prices asked would probably pay for the time machine which you could then retain as profit or use in picking lottery tickets.... 10,000 rounds of 22's five years ago would be worth more than the lottery at the time.:laugh:

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    383   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    If you had a friend with 10,000 rounds of various .22 LR ammo, what would you tell him is the best way to sell it?

The best way to sell is to sell @ $0.05 to $0.06 per rounds, or $50.00 to $60.00 per K.
    The .22 rounds will sell @ that price. If he just want to flip @ $0.09 per round, he will just have to EAT that ammo...Bill.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Actually I have yet to see any .22 on store shelves. Post it and see what happens. Never should take a loss. I sold some on our yard sale. Sold like hot cakes. Made 30 bucks a brick profit. Wish I had more.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    What KIND of .22?

If it's premium stuff, then $.09 - .15 / rd MAY be achievable.

If it's bulk-pack stuff - then $.06-.10 / rd MAY be achievable.

Good starting point: In stock ammo, guns, magazines, and reloading supplies and look for the ammo on there.

Best way for him to sell it would be to have him ask around his workplace to the "known" gun-guys and ask them if they have a need/want for any of it. After that, tell him you can sell it for him here on INGO.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I bought about another 10k when the LGS started selling it for 5 cents a round again, a few months ago.
    I will add some more periodically.

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    I've never had more than ~1,500 on hand at any one time. Up until folks started thinking they needed tens of thousands, or that they could flip it for a profit, 22 ammo was always available on store shelves any time you wanted it. I've seen the enemy...and he is us.

The best way to sell 22LR? The same way you sell anything, by finding a buyer willing to pay the price you're willing to sell it at. Pretty dumb question, really. Not that I'm bitter or anything, but I hope he paid a premium for it and finds out he can't get even half his money back. :)

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I've never had more than ~1,500 on hand at any one time. Up until folks started thinking they needed tens of thousands, or that they could flip it for a profit, 22 ammo was always available on store shelves any time you wanted it. I've seen the enemy...and he is us.
    I have been keeping more .22 than that around for 40 years. My habits apparently didn't cause a problem until... when?

t-squared

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Crown Point

The best way to sell 22LR? The same way you sell anything, by finding a buyer willing to pay the price you're willing to sell it at. Pretty dumb question, really. Not that I'm bitter or anything, but I hope he paid a premium for it and finds out he can't get even half his money back. :)

Jeezus, somebody needs a Snickers....:rolleyes:

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I only buy when its on sale or can get it cheaper than 6 cents. I've managed to build my stock up this way especially with only 2 22 rifles.

Top Bottom