Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Marksman
    Quote Originally Posted by VERT View Post
    Counting your reloads and putting them in little bags is to stressful. Then you know exactly how much you are shooting and what it costs. Easier to dump it all together and grab handfuls like they are M&Ms. Guilt free pleasure!!!! Just like M&Ms or eating a whole baking pan full of brownies one little slice at a time.
    I use a Rock Chucker. After taking the finished bullet out, I put it in a loading tray. That way I'm not counting bullets, I just dump 50 at a time into the bags. I just don't get the pleasure of grabbing a handful!!

I use plastic ammo cans for loaded ammo and plastic coffee cans or the cardboard oatmeal tube-shaped containers for brass. I do use the flip-top MTM cases for "special" loads and for test batches. "Special" meaning it needs to be labeled and isn't bulk practice ammo. Something like **REDHAWK ONLY** or the like I don't want getting mixed in with regular loads.
    My nuts are the great uniter.

50 cal ammo cans. If I want to know how many I have, I count empty primer boxes. I know I can fit 2k 9mm in a can with room left. The can is too heavy to be pleasant to carry to the range, so I normally keep it to 1k.

How can you look at this and not be satisfied?

***Phone Number Hidden*** (See Rules for more info)" title="Name: 20160320_113402_zpsp0iddy1i.jpg Views: 32 Size: 361.9 KB">20160320_113402_zpsp0iddy1i.jpg

FYI - I use an unscented version of this placed in little cloth bags as desiccant in the ammo cans, and other places. For about 15 dollars I can desiccant my whole world.
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyDave1776 View Post
    For crying the f**k out loud, can you not understand plain English or are you being willfully obtuse for the purpose of being a pain in the ass?

All loose bulk in cans without desiccant. No need to count once you do it long enough you know how many at a glance. Can also count primer boxes when loading.
    I won’t be wronged, I won’t be insulted, and I won’t be laid a hand on.

I keep all my ammo inside fifty round MTM plastic boxes, which are in turn stored inside an MTM Ammo Crate - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00T4XL4HM...H4LV7GL1&psc=1
    I presently have somewhere around 1K rounds of .30-06, .45 Colt, .38 Special, and 10mm Auto, with room for a few hundred more rounds inside my crate.
    Rural King has Ammo Crates right on the shelf, for those of you wanting a local source.
    First time I drank was prom night....Zima... took me years to regain my man card. -Kutnupe

Sharpshooter
    Quote Originally Posted by Doublehelix View Post
    I have been storing my 9mm handloads in some MTM boxes (100rd), but I am finding that they are hard to store that way. They don't fit well into the ammo boxes I have.

With my factory loads, I keep them in the cardboard boxes with the plastic dividers for long-term storage (since they come that way), but then usually dump 300-400 rounds into a sealable Tupperware container that I keep in my range back. They are easier to load this way and they take up a lot less room in the range bag.

Is there any reason that I should keep them in the MTM boxes for long-term storage? It certainly makes inventory a lot easier since you can easily count them. If I just dump the bulk rounds in my ammo boxes with some desiccant, is that a safe way to store them?
    When I reload I dump 100 primers into the reloader and when they run out I take the 100 rounds and put them in a ziplock bag. The bags then go into a metal ammo can. Count the bags and you know your round count.

That's just me though.

Quote Originally Posted by Doublehelix View Post
    I have been storing my 9mm handloads in some MTM boxes (100rd), but I am finding that they are hard to store that way. They don't fit well into the ammo boxes I have.

With my factory loads, I keep them in the cardboard boxes with the plastic dividers for long-term storage (since they come that way), but then usually dump 300-400 rounds into a sealable Tupperware container that I keep in my range back. They are easier to load this way and they take up a lot less room in the range bag.

Is there any reason that I should keep them in the MTM boxes for long-term storage? It certainly makes inventory a lot easier since you can easily count them. If I just dump the bulk rounds in my ammo boxes with some desiccant, is that a safe way to store them?
    I pour them into .50 cal cans, painted pink for 9mm.

I use a pink .30 can for going to the range.
    Anything .gov gives you was take from you.

I use REPACKBOX.COM

They are nice card stock boxes.
    shipped with blank labels to print load data.
    shipped with gloves to handle the Ammo without having to touch it and add oils.

I do not do this for my practice Ammo because of the added time to box them. I only do this for long term storage.

I then only keep 1,000 rounds in a 50 cal can. That way if I need to bug out I can carry them easier because of weight and it allows the space in the can for a holstered pistol and several mags. I consider it a bug out kit with Ammo, holstered pistol and mags.

Loaded mags are in the Ammo can with holster but weapon is in the safe until bug out process begins. Now I'm thinking I might need to add a belt too.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery."
    - Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Madison, January 30, 1787

Quote Originally Posted by JStang314 View Post
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00I8...1EL&ref=plSrch

i like to use these. I use them for .40 and .223.
    Yep, another excellent option.
    It's also nice buying products from a company that is family owned and actively supports the shooting sports, including putting their money where their mouth is with the legislative process.

First time I drank was prom night....Zima... took me years to regain my man card. -Kutnupe

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast