Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Reloader in Columbus

I'm looking to pay for a reloader in Columbus willing to do about 250 rds of .260 Rem. I have the components, just don't have the tools.

Hope this isn't an improper post for this forum.

Thanks
    Andrew

By components, I'm sure you mean brass, bullets, primers, and powder, but do you also include a set of dies and a shell holder?
    Also, if you find someone willing to do the job, you'll want to be more specific than just requesting 250 rounds, namely what you're looking for regarding muzzle velocity so that an appropriate powder charge can be selected, overall cartridge length (not all rifles have the same distance for the bullet to jump to the rifling), and other details.
    First time I drank was prom night....Zima... took me years to regain my man card. -Kutnupe

Quote Originally Posted by mac45 ***Phone Number Hidden*** (See Rules for more info)ed5511&p=6969714#post6969714" rel="nofollow">View Post
    The wording of that is pretty vague, and it's doubtful that basically paying someone for expending his time, effort, and using his own equipment to make up some ammo for another guy won't be a big deal.
    Naturally, the ATF would likely get interested if someone did this routinely and on more of a mass production scale, especially with multiple customers, as it were.
    It's a fine line, but a paltry 250 rounds just doesn't sound like an ammo manufacturing facility.
    First time I drank was prom night....Zima... took me years to regain my man card. -Kutnupe

Ammo - Abbreviation for ammunition; metallic cartridges fired from a gun.
    Manufacturing - Fabricating or assembling components into a finished good to sell.
    Facility - A location where a product is made.

@ the OP - I'll be glad to help YOU put together the ammunition, on my reloading equipment, no cost whatsoever.

Do you know the exact load you're wanting, or do you need to perform a load workup? If so, we can do that on the range behind my house.

I don't believe you will find a much better offer than the one listed above ^^^ Personally I could never trust another person to reload for me. With a little hands on training and $100 you could be set up and reloading on your own in the near future.
    NRA Life Member

Thanks everyone for the input, especially regarding ATF rules.. I'm not interested in running afoul of them.

Thanks Broom_jm I would like to discuss the possibilty of doing that work at your place, for a proper compensation of your time, Provided you are near to me in Columbus.

I'm interested in dropping a grain from recommended loads, due to my desire for barrel longevity over FPS. I have to nurse this gun for a year or two

For reference I just bought a Savage 116 with a 28" Criterion Match barrel, which came with about 200 Sierra HPBT bullets, 30ish Nosler Accubond, and an appropriate amount of once-fired Lapua brass that is supposedly ready for reloading. I was going to purchase powder and primers today, after a little research. I also got a RCBS 2 die set for .260, which is (as I understand) fine for neck resizing, which in turn is supposed to be all that's really necessary with my barrel and chamber (according to research.) However, I'm very very open to schooling on this, as I'm new to it.

Again, thanks everyone

Andrew

King31, I would be very interested to hear how you got into reloading for $100ish. Everything I've seen says it will cost way more than that, just for tooling.

Quote Originally Posted by DriverAndrew ***Phone Number Hidden*** (See Rules for more info)ed5511&p=6969971#post6969971" rel="nofollow">View Post
    King31, I would be very interested to hear how you got into reloading for $100ish. Everything I've seen says it will cost way more than that, just for tooling.
    Im not saying that's how much it cost me, but I believe with Lee equipment you can come close. The dies, press, trimmer, and scale can be had for right at $100 on Midway right now. With already having the components it wouldn't take much more than a few manuals and YouTube videos to start loading your own. You'll probably need a drill as well, but hopefully you already have that. The funny thing about reloading is that you can make it as expensive as you want it to be. In the end if you are making quality ammo, it really doesn't matter if you are using lee or Dillon.
    NRA Life Member

Plinker
    I got into reloading years back just to help with obsolete rounds like 7.35 carcano and 7.7 jap both seem to be over priced when you can find loaded ammunition. But it really helped with my 30/06 and 22/250. I think I had about a grand invested before I made my first live round though. Every thing being RCBS but you can always go a much cheaper route but still I think it was well worth the investment. Plus I really enjoy it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast