Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mkgr22 ***Phone Number Hidden*** (See Rules for more info)ed5511&p=6974542#post6974542" rel="nofollow">View Post

The headstamp looks Arabic, and I'm thinking maybe Syrian or Persian.
    Yes, that is Arabic.

While Farsi is written in more than several alphabets, including Arabic, the ammunition you have is Egyptian.

You can find Iranian ammo in the US in a couple of different alphabets including Avestan and Cuneiform.
    Last edited by Kirk Freeman; 1 Week Ago at 07:57.
    ​The way is in training, not another gun.

does it work well?

Plinker
    Man does r pretty cool the first Wooden 8mm I ever seen

Quote Originally Posted by mkgr22 ***Phone Number Hidden*** (See Rules for more info)ed5511&p=6974679#post6974679" rel="nofollow">View Post
    I only fired into a stump. I doubt that there is any accuracy in these.

I weighed the wood bullet. It is 9.5 grains.

I'm not certain of the purpose of these 8mm rounds, but practice seems most likely.

I know the Swedes used wooden bullets in their 6.5x55mm practice ammo, with a screw-on "blank adapter" that would shred the wood when fired, the effect simulating the full recoil of the regular ammo, for training.

These 8mm, as I said, seemed as loud as standard ammo loads.
    Those are so neat.. It is amazing how many countries had Wooden Projectiles in training

Germany

Finland

Japan

Russia

Netherlands

Sweden

United States

England

Israel

Sic vis pacem, para bellum --------- Proud OPERATION CHAOS veteran --------- JOEL 3:10

Some of this was less lethal crowd control...... and some were used as blanks. The blank ones used wood ground up and then pressed into a bullet. It would shred when fired.

ouch....

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wooden_bullet
    I don't need no teenage queen, I just need my M14!

Quote Originally Posted by mkgr22 ***Phone Number Hidden*** (See Rules for more info)ed5511&p=6974542#post6974542" rel="nofollow">View Post
    Just for the fun of it, I bought a box of 44 rounds of 8mm mauser ammo, at last weekend's Friendship gun show.

I thought I would share photos with the cartridge collectors that read this forum.

I tried three rounds in a K98k, and one had a bad primer. The other two had a much louder report than I expected for this stuff.

I pulled the bad round apart, since I wanted to see what the bullet and charge were like. The bullet appears in the first photo. The powder was a substantial load of a flake powder, probably weighed around 20 grains.

The headstamp looks Arabic, and I'm thinking maybe Syrian or Persian.

I Meant to ask the OP did the inside if the wood bullet he pulled look more German (thinner Walls)

Or More Swedish (thicker walls)

Sic vis pacem, para bellum --------- Proud OPERATION CHAOS veteran --------- JOEL 3:10

Quote Originally Posted by indy1919a4 ***Phone Number Hidden*** (See Rules for more info)ed5511&p=6978597#post6978597" rel="nofollow">View Post
    I Meant to ask the OP did the inside if the wood bullet he pulled look more German (thinner Walls)

Here you go:

Quote Originally Posted by mkgr22 ***Phone Number Hidden*** (See Rules for more info)ed5511&p=6978687#post6978687" rel="nofollow">View Post
    Here you go:

Wow, Did not see that one comming

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Freeman ***Phone Number Hidden*** (See Rules for more info)ed5511&p=6974947#post6974947" rel="nofollow">View Post
    You can find Iranian ammo in the US in a couple of different alphabets including Avestan and Cuneiform.
    Now I have heard everything!
    Fierce defiance

Quote Originally Posted by indy1919a4 ***Phone Number Hidden*** (See Rules for more info)ed5511&p=6978597#post6978597" rel="nofollow">View Post

Magazine a MG 15? Those can be made to work in a Hakim.

Laser eyed dog has mellowed (Daughters "hair missile")and cat is alive and well.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast