• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    I have finally figured out why Walmart never has any ammo. When I went in to the store today to pick up a couple more bulk packs of .22 to feed the 15-22 I bought this weekend I noticed they had a shelf after shelf stocked full of ammo. They had .45, 9mm, .40...... the list goes on.

Not surprisingly nobody was nearby to unlock the cabinet. I almost had to resort to leading an employee by the hand to the ammo. When the strange man finally dragged himself to the shelf the fun really started. He asked me what I wanted and I replied two Federal .22 bulk packs. I mentioned that I had read on INGO that the price went up a couple of bucks recently. He eccentrically replied "NO, they went up $2.10." The employee told me that the price may go up again someday so I should buy all the ammo they had. I reminded him that there was a 6 per day limit on ammo. He said that I seemed nice enough and that he would ignore the limit and let me buy as much as I wanted. He offered to wait for me if I wanted to go get a cart so I could carry more ammo. Being the excessively kind individual that I am I only bought the two bulk packs and left. I assume this man does this a lot and that's why my walmart is always out of ammo.

Should I call the manager to have them remind the employees about the ammo limits, or should I have just bought everything like the guy said? Anyone else have similar experiences?

dye

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    NE Indiana
    I prefer to buy ammo at Meijer. They are usually stocked pretty well, have never limited me on how much I buy and even carry it to the front cashiers for me.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Should I call the manager to have them remind the employees about the ammo limits, or should I have just bought everything like the guy said? Anyone else have similar experiences?

no, he was trying to do you favor.

he's not the norm, i have tried to bribe other employees with minor success.:D

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Call the manager? Are you freaking serious? Can you not tell when a person is trying to do you a favor?
    People never cease to amaze me, hahah amazing

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    I went to Bloomingon WalMart tonight, and they were nearly wiped out. They have bulk pack 550s. but they had new bulk pack 275s or something like that for $11.98? It was the first time I have seen those. They had a whole shelf of 22s, and some weird 9mm in a black and orange box that was like $17 for 50rds. Looked like nobody wanted them.

Angie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Owen county
    I went to Bloomingon WalMart tonight, and they were nearly wiped out. They have bulk pack 550s. but they had new bulk pack 275s or something like that for $11.98? It was the first time I have seen those. They had a whole shelf of 22s, and some weird 9mm in a black and orange box that was like $17 for 50rds. Looked like nobody wanted them.

Its made by Ruag.I bought some the other just because there was nothing else.

duke

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Louisville, Ky
    A guy at the local wal-mart told me to load up and buy it all :) He said, "you know you'll run out and wish you bought more."
    OK, don't twist my arm. :)

huntall50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    NW Indianapolis
    I don't mind if the selves are empty, so keep it to yourself. You are probably like me, I usually go over my budget or buy all the ammo of one caliber they have before I ever reach my six box limit.

edsinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    NE Indiana
    Crap, I would have loaded up to what I could afford somewhat. I usually leave some though.

BTW, the 9mm stuff is RWS and Swiss I believe, I just wanted one box. At $17 they are stupid, but then again I bought one.

sporter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southern, Indiana
    Should I call the manager to have them remind the employees about the ammo limits, or should I have just bought everything like the guy said?

Are you serious?
    A WM employee offers to sell you as many boxes of ammo as you want and you want to get him in trouble for it?:rolleyes:

Next time tell the teacher and have that guys name put on the board with a check next to it.

LEO IN TRAINING

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    wheatfield, indiana
    I wish the walmart even had 6 boxes of ammo, seems like shotgun shells everywhere, cant ever find bulk ammo there....ive tried bass pro, cabelas in hammond always sold out, looking for a decent 22.250 ammo, savage model 11 keep looking at lucky gunner.com

Aaronhome27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Kendallville
    I picked up a couple of bulk pack .22 also the other day at Wallys. The guy behind the counter wasnt concerned about the limit either. The funny thing was that I went to a firearms shop in Fort Wayne and the same bulk packs there were $8.50 more per pack. I know Chinamart is looked down on but with prices like that I cant help but buy there :dunno:. I wont even go in to the difference in price on the other caliber bulk packs. Shoot some were half price.

Top Bottom