Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Why Walmart has no Ammo

I have finally figured out why Walmart never has any ammo. When I went in to the store today to pick up a couple more bulk packs of .22 to feed the 15-22 I bought this weekend I noticed they had a shelf after shelf stocked full of ammo. They had .45, 9mm, .40...... the list goes on.

Not surprisingly nobody was nearby to unlock the cabinet. I almost had to resort to leading an employee by the hand to the ammo. When the strange man finally dragged himself to the shelf the fun really started. He asked me what I wanted and I replied two Federal .22 bulk packs. I mentioned that I had read on INGO that the price went up a couple of bucks recently. He eccentrically replied "NO, they went up $2.10." The employee told me that the price may go up again someday so I should buy all the ammo they had. I reminded him that there was a 6 per day limit on ammo. He said that I seemed nice enough and that he would ignore the limit and let me buy as much as I wanted. He offered to wait for me if I wanted to go get a cart so I could carry more ammo. Being the excessively kind individual that I am I only bought the two bulk packs and left. I assume this man does this a lot and that's why my walmart is always out of ammo.

Should I call the manager to have them remind the employees about the ammo limits, or should I have just bought everything like the guy said? Anyone else have similar experiences?

dye
    I prefer to buy ammo at Meijer. They are usually stocked pretty well, have never limited me on how much I buy and even carry it to the front cashiers for me.

Shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by jdmack79 View Post

Should I call the manager to have them remind the employees about the ammo limits, or should I have just bought everything like the guy said? Anyone else have similar experiences?
    no, he was trying to do you favor.

he's not the norm, i have tried to bribe other employees with minor success.

hps
    Call the manager? Are you freaking serious? Can you not tell when a person is trying to do you a favor?
    People never cease to amaze me, hahah amazing

You should have bought it all up and then sold it back here on the board for a profit.
    I can afford to be narrow minded, I'm RIGHT!

Originally Posted by Scutter01 http://ingunowners.com/forums/images...s/viewpost.gif
    We don't generally like to recommend murder and arson to solve marital problems.

I wish that guy worked in Fort Wayne!!! Damn 6 box limit. Why would you call the manager you should of gave him a damn tip
    Send all business questions to my business email. Thanks

Shooter
    I went to Bloomingon WalMart tonight, and they were nearly wiped out. They have bulk pack 550s. but they had new bulk pack 275s or something like that for $11.98? It was the first time I have seen those. They had a whole shelf of 22s, and some weird 9mm in a black and orange box that was like $17 for 50rds. Looked like nobody wanted them.

Quote Originally Posted by 360 View Post
    I went to Bloomingon WalMart tonight, and they were nearly wiped out. They have bulk pack 550s. but they had new bulk pack 275s or something like that for $11.98? It was the first time I have seen those. They had a whole shelf of 22s, and some weird 9mm in a black and orange box that was like $17 for 50rds. Looked like nobody wanted them.

Its made by Ruag.I bought some the other just because there was nothing else.
    "And, if properly used, it can remove the fingerprints"...Harry Callahan

A guy at the local wal-mart told me to load up and buy it all He said, "you know you'll run out and wish you bought more."
    OK, don't twist my arm.
    "Yesterday's weirdness is tomorrow's reason why”

Marksman
    I don't mind if the selves are empty, so keep it to yourself. You are probably like me, I usually go over my budget or buy all the ammo of one caliber they have before I ever reach my six box limit.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast