• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • buzzard pickins

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Out by the Prague pond
    Check out estate sales on Auctionzip. Earlier this month Sohn's in Evansville had a sale that featured 2000 lbs of lead ingots. Most came from Midway usa, it sold for an average price of 55 cents a pound.
    Usually estate sales are discussed here on INGO,your all knowing,all flowing,and all moaning information station.

OH, THERE IS A SALE JUNE 5TH, BLUFFTON , WITH LEAD.
    see YA there!

eears

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Check some of the scrap yards. I bought 200 lbs in kokomo a month ago for 30 cents a pound. I'm not sure how appropriate it would be for bullets. I will use it for scuba weights. It seems kind of soft

6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers
    Craigs list has lead, now and again, I get mine from tire shops and then clean and blend into ingots. Then the clean ingot go to the smelt pot on bullet making days.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Scrounged is always cheaper but if you want clean reliable ingots try Cast Boolits website. Plenty of guys selling those in Swappin and sellin.:)

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    Scrounged is always cheaper but if you want clean reliable ingots try Cast Boolits website. Plenty of guys selling those in Swappin and sellin.:)
    Yeah, It just bugs me to pay for shipping! I think I can turn the scrounged lead into clean reliable ingots if I flux it enough.:dunno:

Dewidmt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    South of the Muscatatuck
    I get most of mine from tire shops, old wheel weights. But they are getting smarter. I've still got 3 that will give it to me free, then there are 2 who want about $30 per 5 gal bucket (about 120#).

buzzard pickins

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Out by the Prague pond
    I recently bought recycled lead from a indoor range. The purchcase was made off GUNBROKER,from a guy in JOHNHANSBURG,Mich. the price was around 45.00 including shipping for 56 lbs. The great thing was he built a wooden box that fit perfect in a postal box, pretty slick. Will be pouring this weekend and shooting next.:):

Top Bottom