• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ruger47274

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Here is my Lee Load Master Pro Auto Disk Powder Measure Chain to Rod conversion set up. (also found in another thread)https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo..._master_vs_rcbs_pro_2000_a-3.html#post1431077 :) The lil' chain is undoubtedly one of the weakest parts that Lee supplies for the Powder Measure. You would think that they could come up with something alittle better. :dunno:

IMG_4755.JPG

Basically I used a SPOKE for a bicycle wheel that I bought at my local bicycle shop. Cut it down to 8" and re-threaded it (borrowed the tool from my local bicycle shop). Made a bracket from a scrap piece of aluminum I had laying around the shop. Found that a #6-32 bolt would fit the hole on the ram where the chain goes thru very nicely. ( No drilling on this part required )
    Found a spring that I had lying around.
    I can't remember if the bolt I used was a 1" or 1-1/2" bolt. It just needs to be long enough for a Nylon Lock nut to properly fit and do it's job.
    And this is what I came up with !

IMG_4753.JPG

IMG_4749.JPG

IMG_4750.JPG

IMG_4756.JPG

IMG_4743.JPG

NOTE::: I took the spoke threading tool back to the shop I borrowed it from and told him I cut the spoke to 8". He told me he had a spoke @ 7-7/8" that is standard. I brought it home to see if it would have worked.
    YUP ! So, depending on the spring set up, I do believe you can just go and buy a spoke @ 7-7/8" long. No cutting and re-threading required.
    I had to grind the end of the lil' bracket next to the hole for the 6-32 bolt down pretty close to the hole to allow the CASE RETAINER to be able to move freely.
    The Spring I used is about 1-3/8" long and barely bigger than the spoke.
    I've now got 300 rounds loaded on my NEW LM.
    If you have any questions,,, feel free to ask :): I'll try and answer the best i can.

Last edited:

Ruger47274

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    I just got home and measured the 6-32 bolt while out in the garage,, It measures 3/4" long.

Last edited:

mhs

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Other than being cheap, I think that part of the motivation for Lee to use a chain was that if something caused the slider in the powder measure to jam in the drop position, the chain would break, making it obvious that something was amiss. If your modification won't break in that situation, it will increase the chance of a squib.

Ruger47274

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Hmmm that is a good point,, I'm hoping that the spring will take up any issues with the mechanism not working correctly. My chain broke about 5x while trying to set it up ! Grrrr :xmad: That is when I figured there must be a better way. I've since ran more then 300 rounds thru it. Works great ! :)

Top Bottom