• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BravoMike

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Avon
    I found this in a Winchester White box 100 round 9mm FMJ box purchased at Walmart. I contacted Winchester and am awaiting their response. This taught me to look at every round I load into a mag to make sure it doesn't have any obvious side effects. I have shot thousands of these through my guns and have never seen this before. I just wanted to give a heads up to fellow INGOers.

picture.php

Sorry for the out of focus image, I was not about to pull out the tripod for this picture.

UPDATE: Apparently the image didn't show because of my privacy settings. So sorry!

Last edited:

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    WOW that's kinda neat. I'm more amazed that you don't see that more often. I mean those things are probably flying down the production line 40MPH and being made by the millions and this is the first time I've seen one where the bullet got put in backwards.

BravoMike

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Avon
    WOW that's kinda neat. I'm more amazed that you don't see that more often. I mean those things are probably flying down the production line 40MPH and being made by the millions and this is the first time I've seen one where the bullet got put in backwards.

You know, I never thought that it was in backwards. Now that you mention that, it looks as if that might have happened. I thought it was a defective bullet, or a free hollow point thrown in with the FMJ's.

BravoMike

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Avon
    if I use my imagination the bullet is in sideways.

No pictures.

Nope. It looks like the front of the bullet is in the case and the back is sticking out the top of the case. There is also some case damage. Also, I have not yet heard back from Winchester.

Hopefully I can figure out what is going on with the picture so people can see it.

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    No picture. Stuff happens. Build a million of anything, there WILL be a few defects. Is the 50 cent bullet worth the hassle of engaging Winchester?

Reloading FTW! :)

BravoMike

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Avon
    No picture. Stuff happens. Build a million of anything, there WILL be a few defects. Is the 50 cent bullet worth the hassle of engaging Winchester?

Yes, because it only took a minute to contact them and because I wanted them to be aware of this for their own QC. Who knows, maybe there has been a few of these in a particular lot and they might have to issue a recall.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I've seen that before from more than one of the cheap lines of 9mm ammo. At least it's something you can see easily and remove from the supply. Rounds with no flashholes in the brass are more troublesome.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008

Yes, it's definitely worth nothing. They track it - and may/can/have issued recalls to get out ahead of a potential problem. A little bit of "trouble" on your end MAY save someone's fingers/eyes down the road. Yes, that's extreme, but when you make millions/billions of dollars, you're a BIG target for law$uit$.

-J-

Bshaw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    Kokomo
    Problem Ammo

I found a few loads that looked just like that only Remingtons.
    I contacted Remington informed them of the problem ( I had purchased 3 boxes of the green box 9mm ) they ask what I paid for them and withen a week I had a check in hand with the purchase price.

Top Bottom