• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    Just in case anyone in the area or sometimes gets by the area...Clinton Walmart has GUNS! Reloaders, dies, brass, powder, RCBS accesories, Tumbler media, and more! Pretty fair prices on all of it!

Im getting "my" Remington 700 .308 from there... $450 with scope/rings and boresighted.

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    Is this guy for real ??
    For real. Simply telling people of known options to get the goods they want.

Im not tasked with making sure you are happy with it. ;)

There are quite a few of people I am sure that are real close to say that specific Walmart (Clinton) but yet 80 miles or more from Indianapolis. Do you think most of them would drive all the way to Indianapolis to get the goods just to make you feel better?

Dont even try to shove any of this crap "support your local gun shop" down my throat..... I am free to choose to buy from whomever I choose. And just to show you I will soon enough post pics of the inside of the new Gun Shop in Terre Haute that I've been meaning to go have a look at. Maybe coonfinger some stuff! ;) But I will also be posting pics of the Remington 700 .308 from Clinton Walmart that I buy and I am willing to bet that you cant even match let alone beat the price on. :popcorn:

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    Nope. I have a feeling that when this post prospers, anyone who knows me... knows what I'm thinking.

Bloom, little post. Bloom !!

Im not claiming to know you and Ive never been around or in your store. I have zero information good or bad about you or your store...Its strictly down to the bottom line...Price which includes my time and gas needed to get to a store that is over an hour away vs. a walmart that is less than 15 min. away. Its ALWAYS about the $$$

Its nothing personal.

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    Im not claiming to know you and Ive never been around or in your store. I have zero information good or bad about you or your store...Its strictly down to the bottom line...Price which includes my time and gas needed to get to a store that is over an hour away vs. a walmart that is less than 15 min. away. Its ALWAYS about the $$$

Its nothing personal.

I have been in Andrew's store, his prices are extremely good, especially when compared to other places, including the big chains. Plus the personal know how and experience is a plus too, but I'm in the same boat, its 70 miles from me to Profire and as much as I'd love to go there all the time, I can't justify the drive. But, if I'm in Indy and he's open, i will try to swing by. I completely grasp the entire price being the bottom line deal. But I do try to support my local gun shops as much as possible.

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    I have been in Andrew's store, his prices are extremely good, especially when compared to other places, including the big chains. Plus the personal know how and experience is a plus too, but I'm in the same boat, its 70 miles from me to Profire and as much as I'd love to go there all the time, I can't justify the drive. But, if I'm in Indy and he's open, i will try to swing by. I completely grasp the entire price being the bottom line deal. But I do try to support my local gun shops as much as possible.
    Of course I am by no means trying to get people to goto walmart vs. store x. I was simply giving people a heads up to the option that the Clinton store has the goods. It all boils down to why would you pay $10 for a steak at a store that is 60 miles away or more vs going to a store that is less than 15 away and the steak is $7? (assuming they are the same quality of cut). Is his brass more shiny than walmarts'?
    Ive checked out Andrew H's website and his reload prices seem very fair if I supplied my own brass. Ive got to goto Indy next week and I might just have to stop by and have a look around. You can call me the Mystery Shopper. ;)
    Andrew! Are you ever going to be selling reload rifle ammo? .223/.308/7.62x39

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    Apparently the Definition of Chaos is in effect.
    Now you see...there is the stereotypical gun shop guy "attitude" kicking in...you just shot yourself in the foot. I flat out told you that I was going to come by and have a look around...report back here....possibly getting you more business and what do you do? Chase me away and screwing yourself out of business. Do you honestly think potential customers that read this thread are going to come running to your store to end up on the short end of said attitude?

FYI...WALMART DOES NOT SELL RELOADS.....So no comparison.

Last edited:

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    334   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    Unfortunately, sometimes it's best to let the wall "win" and simply quit playing. :cool:

Point. Thanks, Duke.

I'm the easiest guy in the world to get along with. My loyal, fierce and "thankfully forgiving" customers know this. But when the comments start about "Buy at Walmart...," People just don't get it. I've posted before - when the associate in Walmart's Sporting Goods section dedicates her life to support and knowledge of reloaders, firearms, reloading supplies, reloading equipment and the general betterment of the field of ammunition production, then I'll feel threatened.

I don't see that happening.

If people need to find fault with my personal feelings about the sustenance of local and regional gun shops, then that's their business. I accept that. If certain people in this thread decided not to shop in my store because they think that big box stores provide better service, extended knowledge and honest real world experience, then I'll accept that as well. I'll even take responsibility for being an abrasive jerk. It's part of being in business.

But one thing I will NOT accept is this. The belief that the internet stores, or the local big box places overshadow the experience and decades long accruement of knowledge involved in the field of reloading. That's just plain false.

Last edited:

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Don't sweat it Andrew. Everyone in the know buys from their local shops. I would gladly spend more money if I had to to support the small local shops. The best part is that in your case you have a better selection and prices than the chain stores. You have no worry's man.:yesway:

Top Bottom