• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BlueCow

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2012
    I went to Lens ammo shop on Michigan street in South Bend today. Three days ago a brick of 22LR (500 rounds) of blazer was $20. Today I go to Lens after work and said I would like a brick of 22LR, he went and got it, rang me up and said "That will be $35." I said "What? It was $20 three days ago!!!" Len said "That was last weeks prices, everybody else is gouging so I should make a buck doing it to." Well, I still needed it, I'm not stocking up, just want to go shooting with the family tomorrow, so I paid the $35 and now I've just been on the slow burn, and I'm really pissed. I've gone there a few times even though I am really new to guns (First time shooting was 6 months ago, now I own a m&p22 and a m&p9), talked with Len a few times before, but this taking advantage of a customer really surprised me. All this demand and craziness will slow down and come to an end eventually, but Lens made his final sale with this customer today. So if anyone knows of some other ammo suppliers in the area please respond with who. Also if you do reloading and have 9mm or 22LR for sale send me a message with your contact info. Next time I need ammo I will give you a call. What do you think, am I overreacting, or is my rage justified???

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    That's craziness.
    I was at Bass Pro Shop in Clarksville. They had their same old .... ok prices on ammo but very thing was damn near gone! (as far as handgun ammo, I'm talking). I noticed that there was more .40 left than 9 or 45, which I thought was interesting (and good for me). Lots of empty shelf space there.

I get the supply and demand thing, but people (consumers) are still going nuts. (Yes, I did pick up some ammo too).

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    No its justified. When I call shops today and check price on 9mm ammo and they tell me 20$ a box, I say SERIOUSLY?! and they say yes ammo is going up and I say OK thanks and hang up. Its frustrating. Its the principal that I am frustrated at. Needless to say I have not bought any ammo in about a month.

THard6

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2010
    Greenwood
    No its justified. When I call shops today and check price on 9mm ammo and they tell me 20$ a box, I say SERIOUSLY?! and they say yes ammo is going up and I say OK thanks and hang up. Its frustrating.

As previously stated, no one said you had to pay the rediclous prices. start reloading and doing for yourself and the prices won't make you shed so many tears.. :dunno:

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    What do you think, am I overreacting, or is my rage justified???

Your rage is justified, but it's toward the wrong party...

It wasn't his fault you were in the position of "needing" it for your next outing tomorrow...

I learned in the late 80's/early 90's not to run myself out of primers.... If I got caught again, I could only blame myself...

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    stopped by our LGS and they had boxes of 9mm Blazer for $39...

Also had mil surp AR-15 mags for $25-$39.

I'm not complaining though, they sell what people will pay for it.

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    As previously stated, no one said you had to pay the rediclous prices. start reloading and doing for yourself and the prices won't make you shed so many tears.. :dunno:

I dont pay the ridiculous prices. I just ordered 500 more rounds of 9mm last night for 115 so im good to go. I will start reloading very soon but its hard while im away at school.

BlueCow

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2012
    stopped by our LGS and they had boxes of 9mm Blazer for $39...

Also had mil surp AR-15 mags for $25-$39.

I'm not complaining though, they sell what people will pay for it.

Geeze! Well, it looks like its everywhere.

nucular

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    That's true but right now, what is the alternative? Wait potentially many months to get plinking ammo or just not shoot I guess. Ideally I would have already had plenty of .22 but I didn't. :dunno:

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    Look at it this way people, if they didn't raise the price then it would be GONE before you even arrived. You paid $15 for insurance that you would get what you wanted.

THard6

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2010
    Greenwood
    That's true but right now, what is the alternative? Wait potentially many months to get plinking ammo or just not shoot I guess. Ideally I would have already had plenty of .22 but I didn't. :dunno:

alternative?
    Uhh shoot ammo that you already have IF you feel the need to shoot.
    if you don't have ammo, then loose the need to shoot and wait for things to settle.
    you're just adding to the fire!
    (nothing personal, everyone is doing it)

BlueCow

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2012
    Look at it this way people, if they didn't raise the price then it would be GONE before you even arrived. You paid $15 for insurance that you would get what you wanted.

Good point.....but the fact that he said "Everyone else is gouging so I should and make a buck too" thats what started the burn.

Top Bottom