• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wesnellans

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Marshall County
    I've seen this stuff at the local stores but have always been leery. Am I being too much of a worry-wort at the idea of shooting steel-cased ammo in my guns? Mental images of scratched/gouged chambers haunt my sleep...:):

Other than it being dirty (I've heard) to shoot, are there any detrimental factors to consider? The price is right for those of us who don't reload....

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    I've seen this stuff at the local stores but have always been leery. Am I being too much of a worry-wort at the idea of shooting steel-cased ammo in my guns? Mental images of scratched/gouged chambers haunt my sleep...:):

Other than it being dirty (I've heard) to shoot, are there any detrimental factors to consider? The price is right for those of us who don't reload....

It's fine, I have used it in the past and will always buy if it is all that's available.

Duron219

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 15, 2012
    East Chicago
    I never used their handgun ammo but I use their ammo and other steel cased ammo in my M1 Carbine and I've never had a problem besides it being really dirty. In some cases it is cheaper than brass cased ammo, My rifle runs just fine with it.

Kokomo1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    I put 400 rounds through my SA 9mm sub compact without an issue. My buddy did the same with his Ruger.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I'm a big fan of steel 9 mm ammo!

I don't have much experience with TulAmmo, but I've shot a few thousand rounds of Brown Bear.

I should note that the ONLY failure I've EVER had with THREE M&P pistols (Two FS and 1 C) was shooting a dirty pistol (dirtied by Brown Bear) with even more BB. It was a failure to extract.

-J-

Top Bottom