• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spartan933

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    Porter County
    I think this is interesting. While I don't agree with everything that Bush did, it seems that many times when a politician leaves office, they tend to be a more sympathetic individual because they are not constrained by their political demands anymore. This is a good interview because it does give some insight into W's way of thinking and his attitude. I might actually pick up his book.

msnbc.com Video Player

redlegrod

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    I didn't agree with some of Bush's actions while in office. The thing that I like about him is he refuses to bad mouth Obama. If only Mr. Prez. could have the same character!

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I dont agree with many of the former Presidents decisions, especialy regarding The Patriot Act and Afghanistan & Iraq strategy, but there never has been and never will be a doubt in my mind that President George W. Bush is an American who truely loves this country and always thought he was doing the right thing by it and the people and his duty as President. I just wish some of the people around him would have done their jobs better.

I cant say anything as kind about the current thing in that office.

cburnworth

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    right or wrong. love him or hate him. he stayed the course & stuck to his beliefs.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Really there are only three presidents in history that bad mouthed others. It used to be an unwritten rule, but more a courtesy that a president did not bad mouth other presidents. That all stopped with carter, and then clinton, and now obama-messiah. Sense a pattern?

Like all presidents, Bush 2 did good and bad. I do give him credit because he did govern during a pretty bad period in US history. A lot of what drove him was because there used to be several more buildings adorning the New York City skylines, as well as several thousand more people alive, plus the pentagon deaths and an aircraft full of people that mercifully saved others by sacrificing themselves.

cbop

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2009
    Winamac
    I believe history will be a lot kinder to Bush than he is getting now. I did not agree with everything he did but the man is a class act and he did what he felt his job was to do and he did it with America's best interests at heart

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I lived in Texas when he served as governor. We had a terrible flood when I was there. I liked him and he was there with his sleeves rolled up when we needed him. His wife spoke at my daughter's commencement ceremony. Laura came off as a good speaker; smart, but not full of herself. As president, George W. wasn't perfect, but I think he did a good job as a whole. He was and is a humble man as far as politicians go. He respected the office. I wouldn't have wanted to be in his boots during his terms. I think that he is honest and cares about his country and all the American people...yes even the folks in New Orleans. He is a man of character and conviction. He is a lot smarter than he is portrayed by some. He is a good manager, who picked good people, for the most part. He isn't the best of public speakers, but hey the current POTUS is a great public speaker and has a lot of charisma, but has little else going for him. I think George W. was an ordinary man thrust into extraordinary circumstances. I am thankful that it was he, and not Gore, who lead the country during those difficult times.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I dont agree with many of the former Presidents decisions, especialy regarding The Patriot Act and Afghanistan & Iraq strategy, but there never has been and never will be a doubt in my mind that President George W. Bush is an American who truely loves this country and always thought he was doing the right thing by it and the people and his duty as President. I just wish some of the people around him would have done their jobs better.

I cant say anything as kind about the current thing in that office.

:+1:

Well summed up.

I have no doubt that "W" is a true American that loves this country. That doesn't always translate into a good President, though.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    When they showed the clip of Bush's speech from the rubble of Ground Zero, I couldn't help but notice there were no teleprompters :D

Seriously though, I cannot even imagine Obama being able to be that sincere without a script..(and not even then)

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    I didn't listen to Lauer's interview, however I d d listen to Rush's yesterday. Old W had me roll'n on the floor. Several good points came up, most of which have already mentioned above. I do love how when not in office Bush is working his land and not in the public spot light. He governed to govern, his time is done and he likes not being a celebrity... unlike the Clintons. Rush said it yesterday (or maybe it was Garrison) Either Clinton would do anything to get back into the White house, in one role or another. :rolleyes:

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I disagreed with Bush on many things, but two of the insults he endured made me see red.

First, that he was stupid. Nobody who has the ability to fly a fighter jet and graduate from Harvard with an MBA is stupid. Those two accomplishments require above average intelligence, period.

The other is that he was some kind of evil, plotting, secretive man. Agree or disagree, it's clear that he is a man who strives to do the right thing, who thinks about it agonizes about it, and walks the walk. He hasn't said one thing that could even be construed as negative about Obama. Pure class.

I'm reminded of the public perception of Nixon and Carter. I read a book by a former Secret Service agent who also happened to be left-leaning in his politics. Even so, he talked about how Carter treated his ss detail with cold disdain. Nixon, on the other hand talked to his detail, enquired about their comfort on the job, and on occasion personally brought them coffee or some such. Yet, we think of Carter (or did before his behavior over the last twenty years) as a kindly, gentle man, and Nixon as an evil gnome.

Just sayin'.

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    He was and is a humble man as far as politicians go. He respected the office. I wouldn't have wanted to be in his boots during his terms. I think that he is honest and cares about his country and all the American people...yes even the folks in New Orleans. He is a man of character and conviction. He is a lot smarter than he is portrayed by some. He is a good manager, who picked good people, for the most part. He isn't the best of public speakers, but hey the current POTUS is a great public speaker and has a lot of charisma, but has little else going for him. I think George W. was an ordinary man thrust into extraordinary circumstances. I am thankful that it was he, and not Gore, who lead the country during those difficult times.

I do love how when not in office Bush is working his land and not in the public spot light. He governed to govern, his time is done and he likes not being a celebrity... unlike the Clintons. Rush said it yesterday (or maybe it was Garrison) Either Clinton would do anything to get back into the White house, in one role or another. :rolleyes:

Both of these are really well said. To be completely honest, I would find it a privilege to be criticized by the same people that criticize George W. Bush, to me that would be a compliment, seeing as how I in NO way would want to think the same way as those asshats do!!!

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    First, that he was stupid. Nobody who has the ability to fly a fighter jet and graduate from Harvard with an MBA is stupid. Those two accomplishments require above average intelligence, period.

Garrison talked about this some. It wasn't that Bush was stupid, it was that he like to speak to the people and not speak at the people. Our current POTUS does this a lot. Bush didn't use million dollar words, maybe because he didn't know any, maybe because he didn't have to :dunno:

Top Bottom