Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 45

Thread: Why is it...?

  1. #1
    Grandmaster JetGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    N/E Corner
    Posts
    17,438

    Why is it...?

    Why is it that when the bad guy is cornered and empties his 38 at Superman, the bullets bounce off his chest ...but when the bad guy throws the empty gun at him, he ducks out of the way?!
    ~No matter how responsible she seems, never give a monkey your gun.~ ✈♀

  2. #2
    Plinker Mrs Evilwrench's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    195
    I strongly suspect that, unbeknownst to us mere mortal Earthlings, there are trace amounts of Kryptonite embedded in the gun that would render Superman helpless if it were to make contact with him!!!
    Remove all the warning labels and let nature run its course

  3. #3
    Grandmaster JetGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    N/E Corner
    Posts
    17,438
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Evilwrench View Post
    I strongly suspect that, unbeknownst to us mere mortal Earthlings, there are trace amounts of Kryptonite embedded in the gun that would render Superman helpless if it were to make contact with him!!!
    Hmmm...Plausible...Plausible... I'm listening...
    ~No matter how responsible she seems, never give a monkey your gun.~ ✈♀

  4. #4
    Plinker Mrs Evilwrench's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    195
    Why is it that Male superheroes always have a form-fitting body suit with disproportionately-enhanced body parts (can you say "codpiece"?) but Female superheroes are so scantily clad that not even an extra Kleenex would fit into those costumes?
    Remove all the warning labels and let nature run its course

  5. #5
    Grandmaster Bunnykid68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Posts
    22,466
    I have one magazine each, loaded with Kryptonite, Silver, Wood soaked in Garlic just in case.
    No More Compromise
    I cut grass for a living

  6. #6
    Grandmaster Sylvain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    40,174
    I think it's because the gun is heavier than the bullets and it could really mess his hair if he gets hit in the head.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedneckReject View Post
    I have never had 5 Guys

  7. #7
    Grandmaster Sylvain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    40,174
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunnykid68 View Post
    I have one magazine each, loaded with Kryptonite, Silver, Wood soaked in Garlic just in case.
    But Superman is one of the good guys.
    Why would you want to shoot him?
    Quote Originally Posted by RedneckReject View Post
    I have never had 5 Guys

  8. #8
    In the grill shack chocktaw2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    East of Eden
    Posts
    24,531
    Quote Originally Posted by JetGirl View Post
    Why is it that when the bad guy is cornered and empties his 38 at Superman, the bullets bounce off his chest ...but when the bad guy throws the empty gun at him, he ducks out of the way?!
    He doesn't like heavy metal.

    No plastic for Superman
    Just because your at the center of the Universe doesn't mean your in it.

  9. #9
    Grandmaster Bunnykid68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Posts
    22,466
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvain View Post
    But Superman is one of the good guys.
    Why would you want to shoot him?
    Hey, Batman carried Kryptonite just in case he went bad, I am not taking any chances. I think he used it against him on more than one occasion too.
    No More Compromise
    I cut grass for a living

  10. #10
    Grandmaster CathyInBlue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    On the banks of the Wabash, far away.
    Posts
    6,171
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunnykid68 View Post
    I have one magazine each, loaded with Kryptonite, Silver, Wood soaked in Garlic just in case.
    So... if Supes got bitten by both a Lycan and a Vampire, and we all know he'd survive bites from both species, which mag do you reach for first?
    I don't carry a gun because I live in fear; I don't live in fear because I carry a gun.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •