• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    This thread is specifically for us to make up our reasons and write our "I'm Leaving" letter.....

(Inspired by Mackey)

Begin, NOW!

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    Dear INGO,
    I have had it with this place. I am so tired of having to jump through all these hoops. You expect me to have "50 Quality Posts" to sell my Highly Modified Hi-Point with the 5 extra Hi Cap Clips, its ridiculous. How does anyone get all these posts? I keep saying Hi, and I like it in posts, but the power hungry mods keep deleting my post count, this is senseless.

Most of all, you people that CC, and shun those of us who OC, you make me sick. You CC because you are sheep, you are scared of the man, and you are the reason for the downfall of America. You probably secretely voted for Barry in 08, and plan to in 2012. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

Good Day!

Purple maybe?

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    I'm leaving because I hate guns. :xmad: Only stupid, dumb, ignorant, racist, loser, smelly, fat, ugly, slow, deaf rednecks like guns.

GOOD BYE INGO. YOU MAKE ME SICK

I'm off to go read the New York Times and The Huffington Post.

Implied purple up until that last part. I love me some badly written hyped up stories.

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    Goodbye Ingo!
    The constant berating, insults and name calling by the libertarian Paulbots has just made me see this is not the place for a reasonable person.
    You come on here trying to express an opinion and they trash you.

Then there are the Pincus lovers. I mean the guy is totaly not awesome. His tight punk shirts showing off his perfectly proportioned body are just madening. And He just knows so much about everything it is sickening.
    The guy has all the training in the world and so many are jealous.

I just love carrying in my twigs and berries and I get trashed for that too. At least it is concealed.

Ingo has kicked off so many really great posters. Armed eastsider was a great guy and everone jumped him for nothing.

I am leaving now!

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    I'm leaving cause no one ever replies to my one word posts.
    Nobody Loves Me, everybody hates me, think ill go eat worms
    Oh, and cause we had a meet and shoot with no BACON. Might have why it was raining earlier, the gods were crying.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I'm leaving INGO because my feelings need to be validated and I'm a special person. I don't need all of you negative Nancies berating me for my stupid comments, because........because my comments aren't stupid and all of you that disagree with me are the stupid ones, yeah. Just because I'm dumber than most of you doesn't mean I'm stup......er, whatever, I'm outta here!

Oh, and Fenway, if that is REALLY your name, thanks for letting me sleep on your couch that one night, man I was really drunk, it was a little creepy when I woke up at 3:00 AM and you where just sitting there staring at me, but thanks. :yesway:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I'm leaving because I've had my fill of popcorn and I've seen to many dead horses being abused.

parsimonious

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    SE IN
    I'm leaving because I'm a stupid, dumb, ignorant, racist, loser, smelly, fat, ugly, slow, deaf redneck that likes guns, but doesn't like being called out on it.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Here ya go. Your welcome!:

Well, I'm assuming you meant this and aren't being sarcastic. If that's the case, I'm pretty much done here.

Well, I'm not trying to convince anyone who has their mind made up, I'm just asking how you guys can justify ragging on someone who you've never trained with.

But, I will tell you that Tactical Response has the most REALISTIC training I've ever had. Almost all other training has been far too static. Basically training you for what you DON'T do in a gunfight. Start moving around on the average range or operating around other people, doing 360 degree scans and the like and you'll probably be thrown off the range.

You can do a LOT of training without violating any of the 4 safety rules that most instructors will not let you do because they have some sort of other "range rules" restricting beneficial training.

Not bending over to pick something up on the firing line is a good example. Which of the 4 safety rules does this violate? What happens if you drop something in an actual gunfight--do you raise your hand and wait for the instructor fairy to show up?

Here's one that will cause you NRA-50-rounds-a-day-bullseye-"self-defense" instructors to go bezerk: Keep your weapon pointed down range. Where is down range in the real world? Where is downrange at the mall when you have a shooter on the loose? If you don't train to operate in a 360 degree environment safely, do you think you will just automatically perform this in an actual gunfight?

What about relying on an instructor to constantly tell you how many rounds to load in your weapon and how many to fire on the target at one time? That's a great idea. Condition guys to just fire 2 to the chest, 1 to the head and automatically return to the holster. If I had a dime for every time I had to break a student of that habit, Holland and Holland would have my measurements on file in their gun shop.

Going along with the above, is the "scan" that the average instructor teaches: a quick glance over each shoulder that accomplishes nothing. The average student is not practicing registering what he is seeing, he's just trying to hurry up and get back to the holster for the next drill.

As I progressed through training, I always had a problem with these things as being unrealistic but it wasn't until I found a school that addressed these issues and fixed them that I really started to grow as a student and instructor.

I also like the higher round count. And I'm not talking about just ballistic masturbation, I'm talking about building muscle memory and about really trying to get a technique down, not just doing a drill once or twice and then moving on.

I also like the fact that there is not an emphasis on gear, as long as the gear works. Function over form. Now, if you bring a $4,000 pistol and it doesn't make it to the end of the first day without breaking, be prepared to take some ribbing. All the students are thinking it, Yeager says it.

Add to the fact that lodging is free and you have a money back guarantee, how can you NOT think it's worth a shot to try it out?

But, frankly, the members of this forum's expertise is of no concern to me. I'm not trying to convince anyone, just answering the question.

I'm done with the thread. I was really hoping someone who didn't like him would have an opinion based on training with him. I have yet to hear from anyone that trained with them that did not think the training was exceptional.

(And I don't mean just the people on this forum. The opinions on this forum increasingly carry little weight as I see the pinnacle of intellectual discussion around here revolves around "Can I strap an AK on my back while I pick up some milk at Wal-Mart?")

Good luck, guys. Be safe. Shoot straight. You guys have beat me. I'm done with this forum.

Top Bottom