Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Yeah these guys are well known around the intertubes, going back several years. FCC has been called on them multiple times, as well as various state agencies. They're slicker than snot on a doorknob, always manage to dodge any enforcement efforts. Do some googling, and you'll see it's pretty impressive as criminal enterprises go.
    Every decent man is ashamed of the government he lives under. -- H.L. Mencken

Leo
    Master
    I get legitimate offers from credit card companies, even from the one I have. They do not know what to say when I tell them I do not care if the interest rate is 500%! I have never paid any interest since I never use a credit card that I do not pay off in full every month.

Quote Originally Posted by Indy60 View Post
    I get these calls occasionally. I heard on the news they are just fishing for viable numbers and if you press a key on your phone that tells them they have a live one. Best to just ignore or hang up or you will make the onslaught worse by confirming you are a player.
    Exactly. They are using VOIP for the calls and spoofing the CID info.
    Your best bet is don't press any keys, simply hang up. Or don't answer to begin with if you don't recognize the CID.
    Life is tough, it's even tougher when you're stupid - John Wayne.

I wonder about using the three tone code for a number that has been disconnected or is no longer in use and see if that works to reduce these jack-in-apes' victim pool.
    "—And then we unleash the volcanoes!"

NOT to threadjack, but, when I was LITTLE, my Mom, got a phone call and she just sat there and didn't say a word. After a few minutes, she said, I have just one question, can it be put on over BRICK ????? She told us it was an Aluminum siding salesman.....
    I shoot slow, and hit every time!!!!!

Plinker
    I have an airhorn for these guys.

Speak softly when you get someone on the line and then let them have it when they ask you to speak up.
    I suspect you to be here as some sort of misinformation officer -T Jockey-

When a live person picks up I have just 2 words for you.........."Track Whistle"
    “The only real power comes out of a long rifle" - Joseph Stalin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2