Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

"This is your second and final notice."

"There is nothing wrong with yourcredit card. Press #1 to see how your can get lower interest rates. Press #2 to be taken off our list." Repeat at least twice a day.....Anyone else get this ?
    " IYAM WHAT IYAM"

Almost every Fn day.

They keep telling my rate will drop, but after I give them my credit card number and SSN they just hang up!

Quote Originally Posted by bigus_D View Post
    Almost every Fn day.

They keep telling my rate will drop, but after I give them my credit card number and SSN they just hang up!
    they're not hanging up on you, it's just that the phone connections in nigeria are dodgy at best, even amongst the royal family. that deposit will be in your account any day now.
    Quote Originally Posted by WILSON View Post
    n/m - hoosierdaddy1976 beat me.

I am starting to think they might be lying about the final notice thing...

They are pretty cagey with the caller ID though. It shows up different states and ID's almost every time.

Quote Originally Posted by bigus_D View Post

but after I give them my credit card number and SSN they just hang up!
    Just because you're at the center of the Universe doesn't mean you're in it.

I get it all the time and I don't even have a F*&%^#in' credit card! My line is on the do-not-call list, and I wanna report it to the AG's office, but I don't even have caller ID (I'm frugal like that) to be able to report their (apparently bogus) info.

I started trying to bust their balls and waste teir time for wasting mine by asking for the lady from the announcement. "This is <Heather> at Card Holder Services... Press 1 to lower your interest rate." "*1*" "Hello, this is <Sandeep>, would you like to lower your interest rate?" "<Sandeep>? Where's <Heather>? I was just talking with <Heather>. Could you put <Heather> back on the line, please? We were having a very nice conversation." "*click*"

Waste my time, you jive turkey, I'll waste yours.
    Tainted meat!

Quote Originally Posted by CathyInBlue View Post
    I get it all the time and I don't even have a F*&%^#in' credit card! My line is on the do-not-call list, and I wanna report it to the AG's office, but I don't even have caller ID (I'm frugal like that) to be able to report their (apparently bogus) info.

I started trying to bust their balls and waste teir time for wasting mine by asking for the lady from the announcement. "This is <Heather> at Card Holder Services... Press 1 to lower your interest rate." "*1*" "Hello, this is <Sandeep>, would you like to lower your interest rate?" "<Sandeep>? Where's <Heather>? I was just talking with <Heather>. Could you put <Heather> back on the line, please? We were having a very nice conversation." "*click*"

Waste my time, you jive turkey, I'll waste yours.
    We used to get these multiple times a day. We paid off/cut up our cards years ago. We tormented these Bastardies as much as possible to the point they were calling us back and telling us to get Fu$#*&^ so we know we were getting to them. They change numbers regularly. It is a well constructed scam. Do not give these A$$ Hats any info.

Plinker
    I don't have this problem but when my children were small and I had solicitors call In would hand the phone to them. After about 5 minutes of whinney the pooh and the smurfs talk they would hang up.
    The grass is always greener where you water it !

Ted
    Shooter
    I only get these calls to my cellular phone, which is also on both the state and federal do-not-call.

I blew these guys into AG Greg Zoeller's office, and the response that these guys are some pretty slick con men who regularly change their phone number and physical location.

I press 1 and engage in a phony conversation with these guys, giving them bogus numbers and other such information;

• such as my name being Mike Hunt (Dirty),
    • with a SSAN of 867-53-0999 (Tommy Tutone),
    • DOB 2-29-1968 (Leap year bday, of which I am then only 11 years old),
    • residing at 1313 Mockingbird Lane, Mockingbird Heights (The Munsters),
    • IL 62701 (Springfield).

I get these calls occasionally. I heard on the news they are just fishing for viable numbers and if you press a key on your phone that tells them they have a live one. Best to just ignore or hang up or you will make the onslaught worse by confirming you are a player.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast