• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    all day it said i was to have a package delivered today Jan 25.
    couples hours later it says delivery estimate N/A.

last tracking data is

-

1/23/2013 - Wednesday
    7:59 amDeparted FedEx location

NORTH SALT LAKE, UT
    -

1/22/2013 - Tuesday
    7:02 pmArrived at FedEx location

NORTH SALT LAKE, UT
    6:17 pmPicked up

NORTH SALT LAKE, UT
    12:02 pmShipment information sent to FedEx

WTF????????

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Nor is USPS for that matter.
    I love when the package stays in your local area for like 3 days before it is sent out for delivery.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I shipped a small item to Arizona Tuesday via USPS. It cost me $5 and arrived yesterday. Two days, five bucks. I've always had great luck with USPS.

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    this is the first problem i've EVER had with delivery.

at least UPS states legit reasons for their issues and would show me better tracking than 2 days ago.

the concerning part? it was prepping supplies...

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I've had UPS deliver boxes that looked like they'd been run over by a forklift on more than one occasion. Last year Fedex drove my package around on the delivery truck for three days before delivering it. It was taken back off of the truck every evening according to their tracking. Seemed they were making every effort to ensure it was lost and they damned sure aren't going to deliver it earlier than they are supposed to.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Everything I've had through USPS and FedEx have gone fine, though FedEx ground used to have them out very late; I went into alert status when I saw someone on my security camera nosing around in my front yard with a flashlight. I have some UPS stories that are so bizarre they're almost entertaining.

Bought something from Bushmaster (on the east coast) and it made the trip between IL and AZ 4 times before the manager went out on the floor and personally found it and got it to me. Had a box with a $15000+ machine entirely impaled by a forklift, exit wound and everything. Had a metalworking machine driving around on the wrong delivery truck until it was hours away from being taken to the place where lost packages go to die. Never had a problem with anything that wasn't worth hundreds or thousands of dollars, though.

slowG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    I have has this happen ... The FedEx guy was to lazy to bring it.. Just call FedEx they can usually tell you what's going on.

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    i usually have my purchases delivered to my business. never any problems. lately tho i've been making many gun or prepper related purchases delivered to my home, in order to avoid people opening up my crap. its only since then, that i''ve opted for residential delivery that ive had issues.

i might as well go back to making myself open for scrutiny. at least i'll get my stuff.

model60

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    A new one for me; I pay supplier shipping charges for UPS and get a del. date; on that date they del. the pkg. to my local post office and call it del., then I have to wait on local postman to del. to house...why am I paying for UPS?

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    I was thinking it might have been a weather alert, but it looks like the only service alert being listed, is for the D.C area, and the presidential inauguration. It is probably on the truck, and the guy didn't deliver it for some reason.

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    A new one for me; I pay supplier shipping charges for UPS and get a del. date; on that date they del. the pkg. to my local post office and call it del., then I have to wait on local postman to del. to house...why am I paying for UPS?

yeh there's been a trend lately to do mixed shipping. Fedex delivers to local USPS and they take it from there. dunno where that deal is coming from but clearly poor performing.

we wonder why we have fiscal problems? you need look no further than UPS vs USPS. private run business that has cheaper rates and HUGELY better service.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    we wonder why we have fiscal problems? you need look no further than UPS vs USPS. private run business that has cheaper rates and HUGELY better service.

Show how/where UPS will deliver ANYTHING to Arizona from Indianapolis in two days for $5. I understand that everyone can have different experiences but I have never had a better than average experience with Fedex or UPS and literally hundreds of smooth and quick transactions with USPS.

My rifle has been shipped back & forth to California twice, both via USPS Priority, never took longer than 3 days and cost $25 each way. UPS or Fedex couldn't touch that.

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    all day it said i was to have a package delivered today Jan 25.
    couples hours later it says delivery estimate N/A.

last tracking data is

-

1/23/2013 - Wednesday
    7:59 amDeparted FedEx location

NORTH SALT LAKE, UT
    -

1/22/2013 - Tuesday
    7:02 pmArrived at FedEx location

NORTH SALT LAKE, UT
    6:17 pmPicked up

NORTH SALT LAKE, UT
    12:02 pmShipment information sent to FedEx

WTF????????

Not to worry. In three days time two bald guys in black suits, ties, black trench coats, and cheap sunglasses will deliver it to you...oh, and never mind those camo dressed guys just inside the tree line. :shady:

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    i usually have my purchases delivered to my business. never any problems. lately tho i've been making many gun or prepper related purchases delivered to my home, in order to avoid people opening up my crap. its only since then, that i''ve opted for residential delivery that ive had issues.

i might as well go back to making myself open for scrutiny. at least i'll get my stuff.

This. The only thing I don't have shipped to work ( a TV station, for gawdsakes) is ammo and - obviously - an FFL required item. All others come here and delivery is far more reliable and secure than UPS or FEDEX leaving several hundred dollars worth of product sitting on my front porch.

The last couple of cases of ammo, I keep track of: I watch the notices and the afternoon it is supposed to be delivered, I take a late lunch. Once the notice says "Left on porch," I hurry home and move it down to the armory. :D

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I shipped a small item to Arizona Tuesday via USPS. It cost me $5 and arrived yesterday. Two days, five bucks. I've always had great luck with USPS.

We recently shipped an item with USPS to Ohio, it went there via AZ and took a week for priority mail. Another went to Idaho parcel post and took 17 days. That's only the ones we heard from people about too. Who knows how often they screw up.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    We recently shipped an item with USPS to Ohio, it went there via AZ and took a week for priority mail. Another went to Idaho parcel post and took 17 days. That's only the ones we heard from people about too. Who knows how often they screw up.

I guess I must be getting special treatment or something. Anything I receive via USPS priority comes through quickly. I've never watched the progress of a Fedex or UPS package that didn't sit at the hub for at least two days before being delivered. I only ship Priority with USPS however, shipping parcel post and all bets are off.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Generally prefer UPS for delivery here. THe UPS deliveries generally come late pm so if a sig is required, someone is home. FEDEX invariably tried to deliver mid-day and won't even consider coming at a different time. I've tried contacting them and they say you can come to their center ~50 miles away and pick it up. That's got to take close to 4 hours I believe between driving time and probably waiting for them to find the package...

I find UPS is much better service. USPS seems ok, especially for shipping stuff out.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I guess I must be getting special treatment or something. Anything I receive via USPS priority comes through quickly. I've never watched the progress of a Fedex or UPS package that didn't sit at the hub for at least two days before being delivered. I only ship Priority with USPS however, shipping parcel post and all bets are off.

I'm not picking on you, just saying we have issues with USPS. At least 5% of orders are misrouted.

Most of the time they are good, and it's hard to beat a flat rate box (especially regional) for shipping heavy things long distances. That being said, there are inherent issues that come with using USPS. There's a reason most large shippers do not use USPS. I think they can do cheaper because they go to every house every day essentially. If UPS had the volume to hit every house every day and federal subsidies and didn't have to hit a budget they would probably be cheaper too.

In a way it's an unfair monopoly that UPS/Fedex are competing against.

Top Bottom