• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I remember starting college in 1991 for CIMT(Computer Integrated Manufacturing Technology) and the manufacturing computers still used punch cards to run from. IUPUI had computers in the library that were connected to the internet but at the time I could not imagine anything worth looking up. Also, their internet was VERY slow. Pictures took forever to load. Hell, I remember Wordperfect operated from Dos prompts...before there was a Microsoft operating system.

giovani

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    Last night my Daughter who is a highschool junior and I were talking about how technology has changed since I was in highschool.
    I told her I recently read that Rodney Dangerfield is credited with having the first celebrity web site circa 1995, the year she was born.
    Can't imagine a celeb without one now.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Did my first picking at ARPANET, which was to become the internet, back in 1983. Purdue was one of the main nodes, so it didn't suck, but most of what was on there that anyone would look at was jokes on usenet.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    My family got our first PC (other than my Commodore 128) in 1994 and it came with a Pentium 1 60 Mhz, 8 MB RAM, 730 MB HD and had AOL 2.0 and a 14.4K modem. It wasn't even the internet technically, just a bunch of windows launched by "keywords" that took you to pages run by AOL. You had to click a button to get to a warning schreen that you were [leaving the safety and security of AOL and venturing out to the great wild unknown of the real Internet]. If it wasn't for eBay, we would never have know what the Internet was.

Mom and Dad had AOL and that same Pentium 1 and 14.4k modem until mid 2000 when I found a Packard Bell with a 233Mhz P1 64 MB RAM and a blazing 36.6K modem on the curb near our church. It was like magic watching a video online and being able to see actual motion, rather than a side show. But they still kept AOL...

They ditched the PB after I moved out and got a Core 2 Duo machine in '06 and... used AOL, on a 56k.

They FINALLY got DSL in 2008 after my dad used mine at my apartment. They are still trying to keep the e6300 machine alive, but it's fading into obsolescence.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    We need to splice in a section of INGO made spoof video with QUE! Get out our 90's clothes, and have one of the sections be QUE discussing the concept of INGO website to the guy.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I know how to use a *slide rule and own several.

*A slide rule was used for calculating before electronic calculators existed.

Top Bottom