• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    This is pretty cool video of lake ice crawling across the land.

There is some swearing, but it's not over the top swearing. The sound of the ice is crazy.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=fX3PkXiYO4k

I've always heard how glaciers were formed, and I just couldn't really picture ice moving across the land... This sort of puts it in to perspective for me.

If I was there it would've freaked me out a little.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    That's horrible for the homeowners. I didn't see that about the insurance. Looks like you need to check all the options when you get homeowners insurance.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    That's horrible for the homeowners. I didn't see that about the insurance. Looks like you need to check all the options when you get homeowners insurance.

Everyone should periodically review their insurance. It's boring, but it's how you protect yourself. People tend to think that it covers anything that could happen, but that's rarely the case.

Dennis Stykalo, who's cottage is full of ice after Friday night's wind storm, told CBC News his insurance does not cover damage done by ice.
    He said he's devastated after the event — he can't even get inside to recover his valuables.
    "You know you've got cement, concrete blocks, and steel and the ice goes through it like its just a toothpick," said Stykalo. "It just shows the power. There is nothing you can do, you just get out of the way and just watch."
    CBC News also contacted an insurance company in Winnipeg who said generally coverage is not provided for damage to homes caused by shoreline ice build up or water-borne ice.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County

jerryv

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 8, 2013
    Evansville
    Saw that on the weather channel last night. It's creepy how slowly it moves .. but nothing's going to stop it .. almost like a lava flow.

Top Bottom