• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rw02kr43

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    Paragon
    Is that even a word? Anyway, does anyone here do that kind of thing? I think it's amazing and would love to learn how. Where would I start?

thanks
    Jason

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    Conner prairie does trade classes I have thought about taking them. Historic Trades Classes

And those are some great classes, I've never taken any but my dad worked there for years and knows the guys that use to teach. :thumbsup:

I have a forge setup in the back yard, you don't need much to get started. I use a brake drum as my fire pot, I found a deal on an old hand crank forge blower and anvil at Croys Creek Traders Fair. Coal has always been the hard part to find for me, I guess you can order it online and have it delivered :dunno:

I've made a few camp fire tools and a couple knives from rebar and railroad spikes, it's allot of fun!

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    I was gonna suggest that you talk to DaKrusier, but I see he's already here! :yesway: I've seen some of the stuff he's made. He's a true craftsman.

Andyccw

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    NW INDY
    Last edited:

PapaScout

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jun 30, 2008
    Live in Wilbur, Work in Indy
    I dabbled in it for several years but haven't fired it up in quite a while. The wife and I are considering moving to Fishers so my blacksmithing may be a thing of the past. I'll make you a good deal on some stuff to get you started.

PM me if interested.

sbsg2005

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2011
    I Dabble in blacksmithing. My dad does it for a living. Occasionally he will teach people that wanna learn a few things to get em started.

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    I dabbled in it for several years but haven't fired it up in quite a while. The wife and I are considering moving to Fishers so my blacksmithing may be a thing of the past. I'll make you a good deal on some stuff to get you started.

PM me if interested.

You still looking to move any blacksmithing stuff?

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Wish I had the body for it. True craftsmen and artist you blacksmiths are. You have my sincere respect and gratitude for keeping the art going! You all will be the princes of survival when the grid eventually goes down

Top Bottom