Master
    Rating - 100%
    154   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    Rules for Kickin' Butt:

Rules for the Non-Military
    Make sure you read #13

Dear Civilians, 'We know that the current state of affairs in our great nation has many civilians up in arms and excited to join the military.

For those of you who can't join, you can still lend a hand. Here are a few of the areas where we would like your assistance:

1. The next time you see any adults talking (or wearing a hat) during the playing of the National Anthem- kick their butt.

2. When you witness, firsthand, someone burning the American Flag in protest - kick their butt.

3. Regardless of the rank they held while they served, pay the highest amount of respect to all veterans. If you see anyone doing otherwise, quietly pull them aside and explain how these veterans fought for the very freedom they bask in every second. Enlighten them on the many sacrifices these veterans made to make this Nation great. Then hold them down while a disabled veteran kicks their butt.

4. If you were never in the military, DO NOT pretend that you were. Wearing battle dress uniforms (BDUs) or Jungle Fatigues, telling
    others that you used to be 'Special Forces'. Collecting GI Joe memorabilia, might have been okay when you were seven years old, now, it will only make you look stupid and get your butt kicked.

5. Next time you come across an *Air Force* member, do not ask them, 'Do you fly a jet?' Not everyone in the Air Force is a pilot. Such ignorance deserves a butt-kicking (children are exempt).

6. If you witness someone calling the Coast Guard 'non-military', inform them of their mistake - and kick their butt.

7. Next time Old Glory (the US flag) prances by during a parade, get on your feet and pay homage to her by placing your hand over your
    heart. This includes arrogant politicians who think someone may be offended. Quietly thank the military member or veteran lucky enough to be carrying her - of course, failure to do either of those could earn you a severe butt-kicking.

9. 'Your mama wears combat boots' never made sense to me - stop saying it! If she did, she would most likely be a vet and therefore would kick your butt!

10. 'Flyboy' (*Air Force*), 'Jarhead' (*Marines*), 'Grunt' (*Army*), 'Squid' (*Navy*), 'Puddle Jumpers'(*Coast Guard*) Bubblehead (Subsailor)etc., are terms of endearment we use describing each other.
    Unless you are a service member or vet, you have not earned the right to use them. Using them
    could get your butt kicked.

11. Last, but not least, whether or not you become a member of the military, support our troops and their families. Every Thanksgiving and religious holiday that you enjoy with family and friends, please remember that there are literally thousands of soldiers, sailors, marines and airmen far from home wishing they could be with their families. Thank God for our military and the sacrifices they make every day. Without them, our country would get its butt kicked.

12. It's the Veteran, not the reporter, who has given us the freedom of the press.
    It's the Veteran, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of speech.
    It's the Veteran, not the community organizer, who gives us the freedom to demonstrate.
    It's the Military who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag.

AND ONE MORE:

13. If you ever see anyone singing the national anthem in Spanish - KICK THEIR BUTT.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    At the risk of getting flamed (or having my butt kicked) I never really understood what taking off a hat has to do with patriotism. I know removing a hat is a sign of respect, but does it make one less patriotic to wear a hat during the anthem? What if it's a flag hat?

It's seems pretty silly to me that some equate patriotism with clothing, rather than what's in a person's heart.

Anyway, good list. Thanks for sharing it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    At the risk of getting flamed (or having my butt kicked) I never really understood what taking off a hat has to do with patriotism. I know removing a hat is a sign of respect, but does it make one less patriotic to wear a hat during the anthem? What if it's a flag hat?

It's seems pretty silly to me that some equate patriotism with clothing, rather than what's in a person's heart.

It is part of the ceremony..................Really....................:dunno:

perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN

Well, according to this page, the law of the land states that men should remove their hats during the national anthem. There's other history lessons in there that explain, sorta, why hats are removed.

But, in line with #12, it is the veteran that has fought to give you the choice to remove your hat or not.

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana

Kids...

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Number 5 happens to me all time. My son is in the Air Force and when I mention it, often times the first response from the other person is: "Does he fly a jet"?

Sometimes I do what his recruiter told me to do and I say "yes he does".:)

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker

I gave this a bit of thought. I'll offer this in an effort to provide you with an explanation: If a respected man offers you his hand for a handshake as a greeting and you refuse, how do you think that makes you look?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GetLow16
    Top Bottom