• ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Clerk is denying her entire story. Here's how I imagine it went down:

Clerk: I'll be with you in just one moment, ma'am.
    Oprah: DON'T YOU KNOW WHO I AM? RACIST!

squidvt

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    Southport, IN
    Gee.. go figure. I have not trusted that woman for years, especially after she screwed over many of her watchers with thousands in taxes from "gifts"

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    Orpah Winfrey is irrelevant and nonsensical and has been for decades now.
    I haven't cared what good ol' outlandish Orpah thinks since the age I found out who she is.
    Now she's just flat-out lying to promote her movie and discrediting herself further in the process.

Paula Deen 2.0

gstanley102

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 26, 2012
    Delphi
    Orpah Winfrey is irrelevant and nonsensical and has been for decades now.
    I haven't cared what good ol' outlandish Orpah thinks since the age I found out who she is.
    Now she's just flat-out lying to promote her movie and discrediting herself further in the process.

Paula Deen 2.0

She may be irrelevant to you and me but not to the ignorant masses. (BHO voters)

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    That black purse shown in the photo in the OP is $33,000? The last pickup truck I bought, I didn't pay that much for. Maybe the clerk didn't think she looked stupid enough to pay that kind of money for a purse...it was in Switzerland, after all.

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    That black purse shown in the photo in the OP is $33,000? The last pickup truck I bought, I didn't pay that much for. Maybe the clerk didn't think she looked stupid enough to pay that kind of money for a purse...it was in Switzerland, after all.
    If you're worth a billion dollars + you gotta spend your money on things like $33,000 purses. It's the law.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I heard a quote of her talking about her and rapper Jay-Z having a difference of opinion of the use if the "N" word and how she feels it should never be used and he uses it in songs ect. She said (paraphrasing) that every time she hears that word she thinks of the MILLIONS of blacks who heard that as their last word before they were hanged.

WOW!! Is she really that stupid that she thinks millions of blacks were hanged? What a bag of trash!

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I heard a quote of her talking about her and rapper Jay-Z having a difference of opinion of the use if the "N" word and how she feels it should never be used and he uses it in songs ect. She said (paraphrasing) that every time she hears that word she thinks of the MILLIONS of blacks who heard that as their last word before they were hanged.

WOW!! Is she really that stupid that she thinks millions of blacks were hanged? What a bag of trash!

How many were hanged?

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I heard someone talking about that quote on a radio show and they said the number was in the thousands, no where near one million.

The Tuskegee Institute estimates the number to be 3446 blacks lynched between 1882-1962. Which is about 3446 too many!

Last edited:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    How many were hanged?
    I went to a Underground Railroad museum once and they had estimated the number under 5 thousand. Still a discraceful part of our nations past that should be taught as not to be repeated but just like the holocost its so tragic we don't need to inflate it. It's horrific enough. Simply put, I know Oprah is a very smart woman who knows how to manipulate people and she was hyping up a tragic part of history to fit her agenda.
    please don't think I am condoning or downplaying blacks being hung, I just believe all history should be accurate. Just the same as over half the tales of George Washington are not true. He was a great man without inflation, and also a flawed man. History needs to be true so we don't repeat the bad but also to applaud the good. That's all I'm getting at. Oprah pits our nation against each other.

s-works

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    Indianapolis
    she really does not recant the racism claim.
    Now Oprah says she’s “sorry” for ever claiming the incident was brought on by racism.
    the above quote is written by the author.

“‘I think that incident in Switzerland was just an incident in Switzerland. I’m really sorry that it got blown up. I purposefully did not mention the name of the store. I’m sorry that I said it was Switzerland. I was just referencing it as an example of being in a place where people don’t expect that you would be able to be there.”

I don't really see anything that recants her claim. Only that the incident in Switzlerland was just an incident in Switzerland.
    Not that she should apologize for her wealth my guess is she is more sorry it got out that the purse was 30k+ (from a PR point of view).

Last edited:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I went to a Underground Railroad museum once and they had estimated the number under 5 thousand. Still a discraceful part of our nations past that should be taught as not to be repeated but just like the holocost its so tragic we don't need to inflate it. It's horrific enough. Simply put, I know Oprah is a very smart woman who knows how to manipulate people and she was hyping up a tragic part of history to fit her agenda.
    please don't think I am condoning or downplaying blacks being hung, I just believe all history should be accurate. Just the same as over half the tales of George Washington are not true. He was a great man without inflation, and also a flawed man. History needs to be true so we don't repeat the bad but also to applaud the good. That's all I'm getting at. Oprah pits our nation against each other.

I think the actual number was around 3,,500. As for pitting people against each other, I've seen that more on INGO that I have from Oprah.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I heard someone talking about that quote on a radio show and they said the number was in the thousands, no where near one million.

The Tuskegee Institute estimates the number to be 3446 blacks lynched between 1882-1962. Which is about 3446 too many!

and 1,297 whites lynched during the same time frame....Speaking as a white guy and not knowing the circumstances of each individual lynching (of the whites) one could make the case that at least some of that number (whites lynched) may have deserved it...I.E. caught in the act of molesting a child or talking in the theater.:):

Top Bottom