Saw this posted on another forum ...

33mxvsy.jpg

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    So they no longer want people bringing weapons in, but they will still serve someone who is open carrying? :n00b:

It doesn't look like this is much of a change in current policy, but still a capitulation to the nutty-moms group. It was bound to happen eventually. Clueless soccer moms with more money than brains have always been one of their biggest demographics.

BravoMike

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Avon
    So they no longer want people bringing weapons in, but they will still serve someone who is open carrying? :n00b:

It doesn't look like this is much of a change in current policy, but still a capitulation to the nutty-moms group. It was bound to happen eventually. Clueless soccer moms with more money than brains have always been one of their biggest demographics.
    It's a political statement for them to try to appease both sides.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I would have been happier if they just continued to abide by the law and not attempt to appease either side.

hondatech2k2

Shooter
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Jul 10, 2011
    Greenwood
    I would have been happier if they just continued to abide by the law and not attempt to appease either side.

Pretty much what I was thinking. I read this....and basically took it as pointless. We don't want you to bring a weapon into our buildings, BUT we will not ask you to leave and will still serve you if you do. I agree with you Que, should have just left it to local laws and regulations.

copperhead-1911

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2013
    New Castle
    Well it sounds like starbucks needs to lose some money. there are plenty of places to get a better and cheaper cup of coffee.

I wonder how long it will be before starbucks are asking people to leave in spite of the direction saying they should not say anything.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Great. Now I have to scrape the "Guns and Coffee" decal off my truck.

The "big picture" isn't coffee.
    It's the fact that if this is true, then they forced the company to change.
    Does anyone think that means that group will be satisfied?
    No.
    They will pick one other business.
    And go at it till they give in.
    And so on
    And so on.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    Total capitulation. There used to be a day when people had principles and scruples. These days all someone has to do is organize a bunch of rich housewives to carry a sign for a few days, and they capitulate. The Democrats use Saul Alinsky's principles over and over and have perfected it to the point that their Alinsky meister got control of the presidency. Over and over, they carry their hippy signs, and people actually pay attention to them! Why do they always capitulate? I guarantee the dirty hippies and rich soccer moms will go away if they wait long enough.

Look at what happened to Chic Fil A, they stood up for what they believed in and now they have more loyal customers than ever--the protesters are a tiny fraction of the minority. Just because they carry a stupid sign doesn't make them equal to ten NORMAL people. I don't get it!

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    "What do I do if a customer carrying a weapon becomes disruptive?"

Is this a problem? What about the customer who becomes disruptive because another customer happens to be armed, but is sitting and peacefully enjoying his/her coffee? As was pointed out, the antis are the ones who started throwing bricks, so to speak. Seems to me they're the ones who are more disruptive.

Kinda makes me glad I've never been expected to call a small a tall or a large a "venti". Screw that. If I want a large, that's what I'm asking for. Starbucks can perform an aerial copulation with the central orifice of an annular pastry.

Blessings,
    Bill

ModernS30

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Camby, Indiana
    Official Announcement is made on the Starbucks website. I sent them an email already, I would expect everybody here to do the same. I also made sure to "Unlike" their page on Facebook. I realize they are trying to please both sides. I am not so pleased, and I will be sure to show that. I will not purchase coffee from Starbucks, nor any Starbucks related items.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    SB has put us in a "No Win" situation. If we continue to OC there, the anti gunners will have fuel to say "LOOK! They won't even obey SBs simple request, how can you trust them with a gun!?"

Add to that, some Pro Gun websites and FB pages are already blaming this on "OCing idiots". So now we are divided.

Well played SB, well played.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Good. I can go back to getting the GOOD coffee. Dunkin. Yummeh!

Time to break out the "no guns no money" cards in earnest?

I think We'll see a Dodo bird and a black rhino in the wild before a $2 bill appears in a starbucks tip jar...

Top Bottom