• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • deal me in

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2012
    Avon
    As the title says, my friend's 2012 HD Fat Bob was stolen from a bar in Avon (Across from Wal-Mart on 36) at 0230 Sunday. It is black with Pa. plates, please keep an eye out the next few days. I hate thieves!!!

deal me in

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2012
    Avon
    Hopping for the best but it may well be gone for good..........Insurance??

It's fully insured, so eventually he will be made whole. Just wanted to put it out there in case the thieves were dumb and continued to ride it with the PA plates. If it was pros I'm sure it's gone for good.

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    Hopping for the best but it may well be gone for good..........Insurance??

:yesway:.......Yup.......Prolly on it's way ta S. America,in pieces.......the usual destination of'em.........

It's fully insured, so eventually he will be made whole. Just wanted to put it out there in case the thieves were dumb and continued to ride it with the PA plates. If it was pros I'm sure it's gone for good.

?.......Ain't likely.......if had factory alarm,with'a '12 model yr.......ain't gonna ride it unless you within 3' with the FOB.....dis-connects ECM,fuel,starter......all'at jazz when ya walk away from the bike.......not that it won't stop'em from take'n it......they'll rollup with a van,side doors open,roll 'at thing on'a mattress,up,in,an' away.......only takes seconds.....alarm sound'n will help......but not stop it.......got mine set sensitive 'nuff.......if ya brush the seat......it'll scream.

An' the fork lock?....:rolleyes:...Pffffft........couple'a quick hard jerks in opposite direction.......snap them things in'a blink.......only 'bout a 1/4" pin,shear them things easy.....

Good luck........

pearlman1966

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    :yesway:.......Yup.......Prolly on it's way ta S. America,in pieces.......the usual destination of'em.........

?.......Ain't likely.......if had factory alarm,with'a '12 model yr.......ain't gonna ride it unless you within 3' with the FOB.....dis-connects ECM,fuel,starter......all'at jazz when ya walk away from the bike.......not that it won't stop'em from take'n it......they'll rollup with a van,side doors open,roll 'at thing on'a mattress,up,in,an' away.......only takes seconds.....alarm sound'n will help......but not stop it.......got mine set sensitive 'nuff.......if ya brush the seat......it'll scream.

An' the fork lock?....:rolleyes:...Pffffft........couple'a quick hard jerks in opposite direction.......snap them things in'a blink.......only 'bout a 1/4" pin,shear them things easy.....

Good luck........

What ?

Jaredjosh

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2009
    Indy

Good luck........

My Ebonics dictionary is broken. Oh never mind, I cracked it.

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone

Good luck........
    The magic of computers....anything that can be programmed in, can be removed and/or replaced. If it was a pro job then the bike's ECM is already reprogrammed with a "legit" fob and is being ridden or sent to where it can be sold. I can erase the program in your 95 and newer car/truck in 90 seconds or less with my laptop.

Cpl. Klinger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    The 4077th

Good luck........

Boomhauer? Is that you? Or is it a pirate?

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I'm sure this will make many here happy. My 2001 Road King was stolen from my hotel parking lot in Indianapolis just after I got it new. I called the police and was told they'd "do their best" but I should figure it is parts already even had I caught them in the act, which I didn't. They told me the bike is stripped of everything worth selling and separated and sold as fast as cold be so it is unlikely they will even find a part of it. Amazingly, they didn't. So I waited until the insurance was willing to get me a new one, rode my show bike around while waiting, and got a new Road King. I hadn't moved to TH yet so I was then living in Champaign, IL. I was here to work at GenCon in the Games Workshop area as a game demo leader.

The really great part of this story is, I had been putting all the things I bought or was given into the bike since I was sharing a room with another Outrider. He wasn't someone I trusted much. All my swag was therefore taken when the bike was taken. When I told my tale, I was floored by the gaming community's compassion. All of my stuff no matter how expensive it was got replaced either by the vendor or the collection taken up by the GenCon management. I was even given a ride back home after the show since I hadn't thought to get a rental car insurance provision on my policy.

I wish your friend well, I hope his is the one that beats the odds and he is reunited with his bike. I really do as I know how empty I felt when I saw the empty space in the parking lot with my chains and other locks laying it in.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville

The machine is probably on it's way to South America as that is where they usually end up.

Good luck........

The factory installed alarm on the 2012 Model year and newer Harleys will not allow the machine to start unless you have the fob within 3 feet of the machine. It shuts down all the major electronics on the bike including the fuel injection, starter motor, and ECM. But that will not stop all thieves. Some will come along side with a van and open the side door and put the machine on a mattress and drive away. It only takes a few seconds, the alarm will help but will not stop all of the thieves. I have mine set so sensitive that it will sound if you even brush the seat.

And fork locks only slow down the thieves as they can be easily broken by slamming the bars in the opposite direction. It is only a 1/4" pin and can be sheared easily.

Good luck.

Translation is red.

OP Sorry to hear about your friends bike. It is probably long gone.

Top Bottom