• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • forgop

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Southeast Indy
    I've been reading on slickdeals where people are getting stuff like $30/mo x 3 months and 6 months free unlimited texting by calling and saying they want to switch to T Mobile. Many are reporting early upgrade offers like free Galaxy S4/HTC One and iPhone 5S or Note 3's for $99 ea despite being halfway through their existing contract. I'm 18 months into my 24 months and not been able to get the early upgrade offer yet after 3 chat sessions and a phone call, but did get $20/mo off and the free texting for 6 months. (I also have a 24% off discount too).

Call and see what offers you get.

Number to call: 800.331.0500 or 611 from your AT&T phone or 866.907.3480

Enter wireless phone number (or press 1 if for the phone you're calling from, 2 if for a different number)

Select Option: 4 (Accounts)
    Select Option: 5 (Cancellations)

Select option for Cancellations. Explain to the representative that T-Mobile is offering promotion to switch over to their network (cheaper plan, they'll pay the ETF, etc) and you'd be willing to stick around with AT&T if they would extend an offer for you.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    I've done this many times. Usually I wait until a few lines are out of contract, but this gives you an opportunity to do it now.

I've got the free texting for 6 months ($180 value) then I got a $10/month discount on my family texting plan permanently. Called today and got them to give me a $10/month credit for 12 months and talked them into approving my line for an early upgrade, but they wouldn't budge on the price of the note 3. Said $299 was the bottom line.

I always have them notate this stuff in the account so that any haggling progress is preserved.

Now I'll probably call again on Monday and talk to a new rep. I'll tell her that I'm already approved for an upgrade and that I want a discount on the phone price. That way they won't feel like I'm taking advantage of them as much since the upgrade is already approved :laugh:

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    ATT FTMFW.... I get service where everyone else drops off at. Very FEW places I have not had service... You get what you pay for. Have had ATT/Cingular since 98

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I'm about to switch from T-Mobile to Verizon. I can't get a signal in many areas where I'm at and it sucks.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    So far I've called at&t twice about this deal.

Last week I told them I wanted a cheaper rate plan and a $99 Note 3 or I was switching over.

He gave me a $10/month credit for 12 months and approved me for an early upgrade (I just upgraded like 8 months ago) and a free activation fee. But he wouldn't budge on the price of the Note 3 ($299). Not bad, $120 is $120.

Called again today. Got a nice lady from Oklahoma. Told her that I wanted the $99 Note 3 or I'd be switching, and that I was already approved for an upgrade, free activation and free shipping.

She offered me the phone for $300, with a $100 instant credit on my bill and family text messaging for the next 6 months ($120 value). So I essentially got a galaxy note 3 for $80.

I'll ebay either my S4 or the Note 3, gonna see how I like the Note. It's worth a solid $500 on ebay, minimum.

Top Bottom