• ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I have always questioned the criminal justice system (law enforcement, prosecutors/defenders, juries, legislators, and judges), based on actions I've seen that just do not make sense. I'm seeing more and more every day and something has to change. When these people are found conducting the very crimes for which they are imprisoning people, their penalty should be swift and without mercy.

How does a judge believe he can lock people up for profit and get away with it? Did he not care that people would be impacted by his crime?

Judge Gets 28 Years for Role in Scheme to Incarcerate Black Children for Profit | The Kaperville Daily News (Photographs NSWF deeper in site)

Not related to the judge above, but I watched a FB video featuring a young man who was sentenced to 35 years in prison for two counts of credit card fraud. It was his fist offense and he got 35 years! Yet, a young man was given probation after drinking and driving, killing four people. He was let off because he was deemed too rich to know what he was doing.

I realize the differences in jurisdictions and state laws. However, I for one am really getting tired of looking at things from a positive view, while people continue to have their lives wrecked by these people. :xmad:

Last edited:

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    There was a time just a few years ago that I would have been amazed by either incident cited above but in an age where the rescuers are facing a lawsuit by the rescued because they didn't respond fast enough; Colorado Man Roy Ortiz May Sue Rescuers Who Saved His Life For $500,000 and a child can sue her parents because they expect her to follow the rules; Rachel Canning, Honor Student Who Sued Parents Returns Home - ABC News, nothing surprises me any more. What is surprising is that we allow this **** to continue!

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Que, have you seen Cash for Kids yet? Recommended.

Here is its Indianapolis showing. I wish it was on a weekend so I could go.

?Kids for Cash? Viewing in Indianapolis on April 3, 2014 | Indiana Juvenile Justice Blog

I hadn't seen this, Kirk. I will try to promote it on FB, but I'm going to investigate showings in this area, too.

If looking at two cases, I certainly understand how just one -- seemingly insignificant, but different element -- in one case can send one person to jail, while the other is sent home. I just read about former airman, Michael Giles who was imprisoned after he legally defended himself. It's funny, the Florida prosecutor didn't screw this one up. The jury didn't have any reasonable doubt. The mainstream media has no issue. While, another innocent man is in prison. I wonder who was paid for this one?

vitamink

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    If it makes you feel better, you don't have to worry about that in Marion county. You can lock a 14yr old kid kid up as many times in a day as his parents can pick them up, take them home, and let them go back to their nefarious activities. You won't find "cash for kids"... You may find "kids got my cash" though.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    If it makes you feel better, you don't have to worry about that in Marion county. You can lock a 14yr old kid kid up as many times in a day as his parents can pick them up, take them home, and let them go back to their nefarious activities. You won't find "cash for kids"... You may find "kids got my cash" though.

Why would that make me feel better? Would it make you feel better to have the ability to lock them up for 35 years, after their first offense, for a non-violent act? I think we would both like to see a better solution. Either way, criminals who make their careers on both sides of the law need to be stopped.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Judges are politicians and all politicians are corrupt to varying degrees. It's despicable but, nevertheless, always true.

vitamink

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Why would that make me feel better? Would it make you feel better to have the ability to lock them up for 35 years, after their first offense, for a non-violent act? I think we would both like to see a better solution. Either way, criminals who make their careers on both sides of the law need to be stopped.

My point was that it doesn't happen here (Indy). There are no ridiculous sentences for petty **** here. We have the exact opposite if anything. I agree with the last sentence.

ultra...good

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Justice is not blind, well maybe it is, but it is definitely swayed by money and power.
    Guy I know drove drunk and killed a kid around the same time that Cowboys player killed a teammate while driving drunk. The guy I know is in prison for 20 years and supervision for another 20. The Cowboys player is in prison for 2 years if I remember correctly. Difference????? $$$$$$$

How about this little gem:

Police: 3 who attacked couple went to wrong home

The bail seems kind of low for all of them considering home invasion and rape. The one guy should not even have bail seeing as how he pled no contest to sexual assault charges a few years ago.
    Our system is far from perfect and it seems as though it is getting worse at an accelerated rate lately. What to do?? I have no idea.

Top Bottom