• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • superjoe76

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Allen County
    Last years thread was pretty popular so I thought I'd start a new one this year. Post up pics of your grill, what's in your grill, what's gonna be in your grill! Share ideas and recipes to make this grilling season awesome!

This was taken just after I grilled some awesome steaks!

DC94C46D-2563-4FBF-9147-0DDBE47DBBF6_zps1sccrb4p.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Started cleaning up the UDS (left it out all winter like an idiot), should be ready to smoke by my next day off. Also scored a brand new Weber One Touch Gold tonight for a ridiculous discount. (ended up being about $80!)

Let the games begin!!

Hexlobular

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    SWI
    Here's mine. 3 Weber racks, with room for a fourth...just did some pork shoulders and ribs are on the way...

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Started cleaning up the UDS (left it out all winter like an idiot), should be ready to smoke by my next day off. Also scored a brand new Weber One Touch Gold tonight for a ridiculous discount. (ended up being about $80!)

Let the games begin!!

You just can't beat a weber kettle for grilling.

I've got some canada goose breast in the fridge. I think I might try marinating it, smoking it to 165 internal, then slicing it thin and dehydrating it for some jerky. Never made jerky before. Should be interesting.

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    I did an 18# brisket Saturday night/Sunday morning for my sons baptism. Sadly no pics were taken, but will have some of our first competition of the year soon.

superjoe76

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Allen County
    Some burgers I made last night. Hand mixed with some salt, paprika, and some spices. I put them in upper rack for some slow cooking awesomeness. After about 10 minutes or so I threw them on the bottom to sear in all the juices. :rockwoot:
    ] [/IMG]

Steve B

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    KEWANNA
    I took the day off and reworked the grill so it would smoke better. Before it would mostly just come into the grill side and go up across the lids and out the chimney. I used the old charcoal tray turned upside down to get the smoke to travel across the grill. Added a few holes to help with distribution. Now it comes in and gets properly distributed throughout the whole grill.

I figured if I wanted a day off what better excuse than, "I have to watch the smoker". The wife and I spent the day on the patio relaxing. Here's the results. Spicy rubbed chicken, pork loin and beef butt roast. Mesquite BBQ pork loin and beef butt. A garlic herb chicken breast, a little of the beef butt as jerky for snackin' and a few chili cheese brats.

This is the grill style.

Getting ready to start smokin'.

The results.

superjoe76

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Allen County
    This weekend I marinated some steaks in A1 sauce. Then rubbed them with 1 cup of Brown sugar, some paprika, some salt, and a couple other seasonings. I threw them on the warmer rack instead of right onto the grill. Let them slow cook for about 30 minutes. They were awesome. Stupid me didn't take any pics.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    WOOHOO! First smoke of the season tomorrow, the butts have been prepared, I've stocked up on beer and charcoal and the alarm is set for 4 a.m.!!! I'm thinking that about 12-13 hours should be just about right. Pics forthcoming!:rockwoot:

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Got the UDS cleaned up, repainted and ready for action this past weekend

409469958.jpg

Also go some pavers laid for a ghetto patio to keep the grill and smoker out of the grass.

409469492.jpg

WilsonMD

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 31, 2014
    Crown Point
    Here is last weekends BACON wrapped pork tenderloin fresh off the smoker, with 'twice smoked taters'. I attempted to basketweave the BACON, didn't work so well. It may not have turned out pretty, but it sure was good.
    20140517_132713_zps6zi1wiic.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Starting the weekend with some pork tenderloin.

That looks delicious!!

Not to pee in your cheerios, but that is a "Pork Loin", not a "Pork Tenderloin". Still delicious, but if it was packaged/priced as tenderloin, you got ripped off.

Tenderloins are narrower and usually sold 2 to a pack (which is roughly the size of one "pork loin") and are higher priced.

These are pork tenderloins:

407667667.jpg

Top Bottom