• ...and so much more!
  • forgop

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Southeast Indy
    So much out there to consider...

We liked the Sealy iComfort efx that was their highest end mattress. Didn't price the specific TempurPedic we liked, but it was upwards of $4k IIRC. We liked the Sleep Number M7 that had $750 off and my wife raved over the pillow they set her up with (that was only $130 on "sale"). I found Sleep Numbers on QVC but they're different and don't want the risk of getting one I don't like.

Gonna check out the mattresses at Costco. I think we're pretty sold on a nice plush foam mattress. My wife and I are close enough on our "sleep number" that we're splitting hairs to think we need to have 2 separate levels of soft/firm to be of our liking.

Scuba591

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Noblesville
    I feel for you. I need 2 new sets... 1 queen for the boy and 1 king for me. Tempurpedic for the queen was $4000.
    The king was $4100. At least they had the mechanical adjustment option for only an additional $1800. I saw some nice Beauty Rest sets at Sears that were reasonable. I hear the stuff at Costco is very nice and reasonable.
    I do not like the sleep number beds so that is out.

Redacted

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 15, 2014
    Westville
    I've been in the mattress buisness for over 4 years now and I would like to assist you as much as i can. The EFX line is the department store branding for the Serta IComforts. Normally these will say 60% off was 3699 now 1299 or whatever. These products are actually MAP priced and sell for 1299 at all retailers. The icomfort line came out about 4.5-5 years ago. Theyre warrantied for 25 years and had very minimal issues with the line. We are now on the second iteration of the i comforts. They added more gel to the mix. Made the foam a little more supportive. I was actually just at the serta plant in beloit, Wi last month.

Redacted

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 15, 2014
    Westville
    Now with the icomforts like the tempurpedics being map priced retailers aren't supposed to really deviate from the price. But they sometimes do. Also use accessories to your advantage. Most would throw some stuff in ie. pillows, mattress protectors, etc.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Just recalled an old lady told me at the Buffett concert she and her late husband made love on a mattress in a furniture store while it was open. Thanks for bringing that memory back.

.452browning

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Yep it sure is a PITA. My fiancé and I are looking for a new bed. She wants a $3,000 set. That just won't fly right now. I require a bed correct for me since I'm a paraplegic and have skin concerns and back issues. Sleep number bed may be the way to go.

On a side note. When I told a salesman I have back pain issues, he said he gets up at night to sleep in the recliner. Later when showing us a $3,000 set he said this is his personal bed. I said "Whoa, whoa, whoa.....you're telling me you have a $3,000 bed and STILL sleep in a recliner?!" His response was 15 seconds of stutter and divert onto another subject.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I need a new mattress too, and I've been thinking about downsizing from queen to full because of price. The mattresses are cheaper, and the sheets are a lot cheaper also. With full, I could get better quality sheets than I can afford now in queen.

loudpedal

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Parc Fermé
    First of all. I couldn't help but notice that all of these posts range from around midnight to about 3:30am. Then it occurred to me that I was reading them at 3:43am.

i will continue to read with interest until my alarm goes off in about an hour.

Perhaps we need to arrange an INGO group buy.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    We bought a store brand (Denver Mattress) memory foam bed a little over a year ago. It was under $1,000. I've been happy with it. The one down side is that it hold your body heat. I do get hot in it, especially in the summer. But I have yet to find a bed I don't get hot in.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    All you guys are talking about these super expensive mattresses. I'm way too poor to afford that! I was happy to get a store brand memory foam king size for $500. It took some getting used to but I don't wake up with back pain anymore. And like BigTanker said it does hold heat. But I like it to be super cold when I sleep so I crank up the AC in my bedroom and rarely have an issue

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I need a new mattress but the prices are scary. I have an old antique full size and quality full size mattresses can be hard to find.

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    In the market as well. I hear rave reviews on the sleep numbers. Anyone have recommendations?

We just bought a king P6 with the optional DualTemp layer that circulates warm or cool air through it. I'm sleeping better in less hours than ever.

I highly recommend the Select Comfort (Sleep Number) beds. They are spendy, though. Be prepared for sticker shock.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Wife and I had the limited movement water bed for years. It was a California King. Huge bed and we were spoiled. About 5 years ago we found a drop in pillow top California king. It is a very nice mattress on its own. We added a 2" memory foam to it (had to order the bigger size) and it is nirvana.

This set up does hold some heat but in the winter that is just fine as the wife loves that. In the summer I drop the A/C temp and use less covers.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Redhood
    Top Bottom