Not open for further replies.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    In response to a thread in the Support/Suggestions forum, I started this thread so we can chat/gossip among ourselves about our friends who have stepped over the line. Those among us who have fooled around gotten banned by our excellent admin/mod staff on INGO.
    Maybe I'm next for creating this thread?

INGO makes the :rules:, I just try to follow them.
    If the staff allows this thread to exist (and INGOers actually participate,) I'd suggest that this thread is about the WHO and the WHY as opposed to whining and fussing about various interpretations of rules and how they are enforced. I'd also suggest that this is not where questions are posed to the INGO staff, the Support/Suggestions forum is for that. Lastly I'd suggest that we be respectful of those of us who may not chime into the conversation.

One thread to subscribe to and check in on to see who has been banned recently would be very helpful for those of us who treat INGO as our social media. It'd be cool if we didn't let this turn into a massive joke thread with pages of BS to sort through, just to find what we were looking for.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I think I was banned last weekend. Couldn't get into INGO at all.

The :( part is, I don't even know why. Everybody's being real coy about it. "Server maintenance" or "Whole site was down." As if those were my fault. Its like it is 1 big conspiracy to give me a secret ban and then act like it never happened.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I think I was banned last weekend. Couldn't get into INGO at all.

The :( part is, I don't even know why. Everybody's being real coy about it. "Server maintenance" or "Whole site was down." As if those were my fault. Its like it is 1 big conspiracy to give me a secret ban and then act like it never happened.

Uh...nothing happened. We know nothing.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    IBTL? Why? I don't see how this would be breaking the rules...

I could see it being preemptively locked under Rule 4

4) As we can never convey a philosophy through a few rules, we reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to edit or delete posts and/or to revoke Membership. No Second Chances; No Argument; No Trial; No Way. At best you will receive one warning via PM (Private Message).

I could also see it turning into "personal attacks" if members start calling out others when they believe they've done something "ban-worthy" and gotten away with it.

1) INGunOwners.com is viewed by thousands of people a day (not all of them gun owners or even gun friendly) As a public board we must make a good impression to those who view our community and represent Hoosier Gun Owners in the best possible light. INGO is a family friendly site and material posted must remain G-rated. Spamming, trolling, flaming or other personal attacks will not be tolerated.

Hopefully we can all play nice and this thread will lead to less violations rather than more.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I could see it being preemptively locked under Rule 4

I could also see it turning into "personal attacks" if members start calling out others when they believe they've done something "ban-worthy" and gotten away with it.

Hopefully we can all play nice and this thread will lead to less violations rather than more.

Ok I can see that.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Uh...nothing happened. We know nothing.

Yeah - like that. You know, don't you? Its like a big secret all the cool kids now, right? You all were probably laughing, "Oh look, he's trying to log in again. Oh look, he checked his bookmark to make sure. Oh look, he used the wayback machine to look at old threads and pretended they were new."

That's ok. This isn't junior high anymore. It doesn't bother me.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom