• ...and so much more!
  • chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    SWAT standoff involving officer holed up inside apartment | Fox 59

One of our former top commanders has barricaded himself in his apartment and is apparently suicidal. I sincerely hope this doesn't end badly.....
    Prayers for a peaceful resolution. I would imagine that's the kind of job that can really wind you up over time.

I see it's South Emerson, any relation to this?

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break-room/358494-johnson-county-sheriffs-action.html

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    My next door neighbor was suicidal and barricaded himself into his bedroom by nailing all the doors shut. The swat team and dozens of cops came out and there was an hours long armed standoff. He ended up giving up and was taken to a psychiatric hospital. Somehow the guy managed to keep his job as a guard/trainer at a Federal prison. :dunno:

GlockRock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Hopefully it ends well for those involved.

Morgan County had a barricaded subject as well today with a SWAT call out.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Makes you wish you could do something. The best of us take the hardest jobs. But, that's why they're the best.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    My next door neighbor was suicidal and barricaded himself into his bedroom by nailing all the doors shut. The swat team and dozens of cops came out and there was an hours long armed standoff. He ended up giving up and was taken to a psychiatric hospital. Somehow the guy managed to keep his job as a guard/trainer at a Federal prison. :dunno:

At least it's the next door neighbors and not us right?

The neighbor to the west of me during my growing up years was a Vietnam vet (Keep in mind this is the 80s and not that far removed from Vietnam). I woke up early one Saturday morning to the neighbors on the other side of him banging on his doors and windows to see if he was home. They had been coming home from the night shift and saw the smoke pouring from the eaves. Turns out he had locked himself in there and set the house on fire due to some consequences of Vietnam (PTSD, that kind of thing, I'm guessing). Since our houses were just 20 or so feet apart, we had to vacate our house as well, but firefighters were able to keep his under control enough to protect ours.

A few years later, the neighbor to the east, a drunk, decided he wanted to go to jail so he barricaded himself in his house with a shotgun (I'm sure something else precipitated the police call but I was young and didn't get told all the gruesome details). We turned into the neighborhood only to find that it was blocked by police cars. Police had been lying in our flower beds and hiding on our front porch. My mom was pissed because they destroyed the flowers.

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    At least it's the next door neighbors and not us right?

The neighbor to the west of me during my growing up years was a Vietnam vet (Keep in mind this is the 80s and not that far removed from Vietnam). I woke up early one Saturday morning to the neighbors on the other side of him banging on his doors and windows to see if he was home. They had been coming home from the night shift and saw the smoke pouring from the eaves. Turns out he had locked himself in there and set the house on fire due to some consequences of Vietnam (PTSD, that kind of thing, I'm guessing). Since our houses were just 20 or so feet apart, we had to vacate our house as well, but firefighters were able to keep his under control enough to protect ours.

A few years later, the neighbor to the east, a drunk, decided he wanted to go to jail so he barricaded himself in his house with a shotgun (I'm sure something else precipitated the police call but I was young and didn't get told all the gruesome details). We turned into the neighborhood only to find that it was blocked by police cars. Police had been lying in our flower beds and hiding on our front porch. My mom was pissed because they destroyed the flowers.

:laugh:

I'll give me neighbor credit, he prepared for his meltdown pretty well. He apparently moved an air compressor with nail gun into his bedroom along with a bunch of lumber ahead of time. The cops said that there were boards and nails everywhere. :n00b:

It was kind of scary to look out the window to see a cop car parked in my yard and a cop with a shotgun taking cover behind it. I'm surprised we weren't evacuated.

Top Bottom