• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    I just stopped at Lowe's because I needed a new pair of pliers. I selected the ones I wanted and took them to the counter to pay for them. After paying, I asked the lady for a bag since one wasn't offered. She then proceeds to lick her fingers so she can seperate one bag from the bunch. With the same fingers she just licked, she grabs my pliers and throws them in the sack. Just to make things short, I ask for a new pair of pliers because I don't want ones with saliva on them. She seemed shocked, but that isn't my problem. Was I out of line here?

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I just stopped at Lowe's because I needed a new pair of pliers. I selected the ones I wanted and took them to the counter to pay for them. After paying, I asked the lady for a bag since one wasn't offered. She then proceeds to lick her fingers so she can seperate one bag from the bunch. With the same fingers she just licked, she grabs my pliers and throws them in the sack. Just to make things short, I ask for a new pair of pliers because I don't want ones with saliva on them. She seemed shocked, but that isn't my problem. Was I out of line here?
    So you're saying...throughout the length of time she was standing there cashiering, she likely was handling filthy money, other people's credit cards, dirty register keys, pens, whatever, ...and then licked her fingers? GROSS.
    Someone needs to inform her about;

59965.JPG

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Out of line? Heck no... you were perfectly in line... trying to prove a point...

Realistically though, take them home and give a wipe-down or soak in alcohol if you're that gravely concerned...

I do think it quite tacky of her to do that

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    No joke. This just happened to me. I was shocked at the complete lack of hygiene on display. I'm kind of a neat/clean freak to begin with, so this almost drove me nuts.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    I'm also sure the stock boy dropped the kids off at the pool right before putting those pliers on the shelf all without washing his hands, but at least I didn't witness it. I can at least pretend everything is fine.

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    I'd be more upset if she were my server, cook, or surgeon. Besides, I thought I was the only one that licked my tools.
    Yes, it's gross, but for someone with so little self awareness it might only serve to **** her off.

Last edited:

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    I respect everyone's opinion. It doesn't bother me if you're fine with an associate picking their nose and handling your painting supplies. I'm sure those booger brushes will work wonderfully.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    199   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I rarely ask for bags if I am buying just a few items.
    Have you seen any videos of plastic bags in the ocean, killing off marine life? For that reason alone I avoid plastic bags. Yes my wife and I use cloth bags at the store and bag our own food and supplies.

But to get back on topic, if she were handling food, yes it would bother me. As far as your pliers go, just wash them off, and wash your hands (which I'm sure you do anyway).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pRy88R-4BI

Last edited:

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    Exactly what kind of lies do you tell yourself to ever be able to eat at any fast food place or restaurant? Just curious.

My guess is that it's not as much the germ or cleanliness thing as it is that you saw an opportunity to exert rule over another person and gladly used it.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    Exactly what kind of lies do you tell yourself to ever be able to eat at any fast food place or restaurant? Just curious.

My guess is that it's not as much the germ or cleanliness thing as it is that you saw an opportunity to exert rule over another person and gladly used it.

You couldn't be more off if you tried. If you ever met me, you would find me to be one of the most easy going and non confrontational people you could meet. I simply saw something I didn't care for and and asked for a solution.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Couldn't count how many times I was pulled inside from oslg when I worked there. Her licking her fingers is near bottom of the list of things you should be concerned about.

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    The pussification of America continues. New pliers? Really? Why did you need a ****ing bag for a set of pliers to begin with? Yeah, I think you were out of line.

Bob

Top Bottom