• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Dow dropped 530 points today to finish at 16,549. It was up over 18,000 just a short time ago. I guess they're panicked over China.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    *opens statement*

0WHGKhB.gif

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Let's not lay this at the feet of some politician(s). They have done exactly what we, as a nation, asked for...not what maybe, I asked for or CM asked for or Alpo asked for. But as a result of our elections, we have selected people that have done what they thought, what we clamored for. You might blame this on "big business"...well who was it that went to Walmart instead of the mom and pop shops back when we still had mom and pop shops? Who was it that, when confronted with various choices for an item, tended to pick out the cheapest (regardless of where it was made) item of the lot? Walmart, Lowes, Home Depot, Costco, Target, etc. just gave us what the consumers were demanding. We all had (and still do) our justifications for our purchases and our votes but "we" did this.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    It's been coming for awhile. You can't destroy a middle class and drive a world economy.
    You think the stock market just magically goes up and up. Markets rise and fall, that is what they do. I've heard "experts" saying for a while that a correction was coming.

The problem right now is that with interest rates at 0, there is no incentive to put money anywhere else. That has the stock market at unsustainable levels.

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    Let's not lay this at the feet of some politician(s). They have done exactly what we, as a nation, asked for...not what maybe, I asked for or CM asked for or Alpo asked for. But as a result of our elections, we have selected people that have done what they thought, what we clamored for. You might blame this on "big business"...well who was it that went to Walmart instead of the mom and pop shops back when we still had mom and pop shops? Who was it that, when confronted with various choices for an item, tended to pick out the cheapest (regardless of where it was made) item of the lot? Walmart, Lowes, Home Depot, Costco, Target, etc. just gave us what the consumers were demanding. We all had (and still do) our justifications for our purchases and our votes but "we" did this.

I agree. As a small business owner I try to help out the mom and pop stores when I can. But I didn't get ahead by over spending.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I am certainly poorer but I borrowed out the max 4 months ago in anticipation. Now I hope to start putting that money back in

Top Bottom