• ...and so much more!
  • red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    The media is sitting on the name.

For it to be this long it is not helpful to their cause I am guessing.

"Florida Department of Law Enforcement Special Agent in Charge Danny Banks said during a news conference that the mass shooting is being investigated as an act of terrorism. He says authorities are looking into whether this was an act of domestic or international terror, and if the shooter was a lone wolf."

They used the "T" word, so they can't blame it on some conservative White guy

Bowman78

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 12, 2010
    Camby
    The whole world is going crazy. Why would someone just shoot up a club full of strangers? (or a theater, etc?)
    I'm afraid this will become much more common in the near future.. A lot of folks in need of mental health services or long term iron bar storage are among us..

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Now saying they are investigating to see if the gunman had ties to "radical influences"... whatever that means. He is a U.S. citizen from elsewhere in FL.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    The report I heard this AM was spot on on the point that these things happen in "soft targets". They used that word, and it was on CNN. The person speaking (I walked in after they said who it was, evidently, but it was not a caller on the phone) further clarified that making it harder to hit places would reduce the number of these shootings.

Of note: Florida law forbids the carry of a handgun (at least, maybe any firearm?) in a place where alcohol is served to be consumed on the premises. This refers to a bar, obviously, or to the bar area of a restaurant.. so you could, for example, carry into Applebee's or Ruby Tuesday, but not if you were going to sit in the bar area.
    Considering this was a night club, I think it is fair to presume that alcohol was being served for consumption on the premises... So this is a hoax. It couldn't have happened, because that would mean the shooter carried a gun where it was not allowed!
    Feel free to apply purple to the preceding section, between the triple asterisks.

The answer is not fewer guns, guys; it's more, but they have to be in the hands of good people... That is, not "only cops".

Blessings,
    Bill

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    The shooter did his homework and picked a target to maximize the body count. We are at war with an evil mindset, that sees no issue with murdering innocent civilians to expand their cause.

Top Bottom