• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    This worked once so thought I'd try it again; we have two openings in our maintenance department serving a health care facility. One is a day shift position for a general maintenance man, the best I can tell you at this point is that it's probably akin to an apartment maintenance position except no painting or drywall work. You'd be doing light plumbing, electrical, hanging things on walls, etc. This is an entry level position but any credentials you bring to the table in the way of licenses, degrees, certifications etc will reflect favorably on your compensation.

The second position is for an HVAC technician and this will require certifications, licenses, etc. This is a second shift position and will include a shift differential. Although the position is HVAC Tech the work will be more along the lines of general maintenance. You will work with one other tech answering service calls as well as completing required PM's in a 1 million sq ft facility. You're the first line of defense so to speak for all maintenance requests during your shift.

Both positions are Monday thru Friday and the location is the southside of Indy. For more info please PM me.

Thanks!

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Breaking my self imposed exile to bump this as the position is still available.

DO NOT PM ME! I will not receive notification that I have received a pm, respond directly to this thread, I will monitor it for activity and then pm you.

TIA

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    A person would almost have to be crazy, not to be interested, at that wage

That wage level requires a lot of certs and so on. Not a walk in off the street pay grade. It is tough to make that in a service truck without years and certs.
    Thing is (and I am not knocking this opportunity) if a tech has those chops 2nd shift is a tough choice. 2nds are a hard fill.

I wish FM luck in his search.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    This worked once so thought I'd try it again; we have [STRIKE]two[/STRIKE] opening in our maintenance department serving a health care facility. [STRIKE]One is a day shift position for a general maintenance man, the best I can tell you at this point is that it's probably akin to an apartment maintenance position except no painting or drywall work. You'd be doing light plumbing, electrical, hanging things on walls, etc. This is an entry level position but any credentials you bring to the table in the way of licenses, degrees, certifications etc will reflect favorably on your compensation.[/STRIKE]

The day shift general maintenance position has been filled but we still have the 2nd shift HVAC position available.

The second position is for an HVAC technician and this will require certifications, licenses, etc. This is a second shift position and will include a shift differential. Although the position is HVAC Tech the work will be more along the lines of general maintenance. You will work with one other tech answering service calls as well as completing required PM's in a 1 million sq ft facility. You're the first line of defense so to speak for all maintenance requests during your shift.

The remaining position is Monday thru Friday and the location is the southside of Indy. For more info please PM me.

Thanks!

That wage level requires a lot of certs and so on. Not a walk in off the street pay grade. It is tough to make that in a service truck without years and certs.
    Thing is (and I am not knocking this opportunity) if a tech has those chops 2nd shift is a tough choice. 2nds are a hard fill.

I wish FM luck in his search.

CM is absolutely correct in his statement about certs and so on. Pay will be based on actual "relevant" experience. If your relevant experience exceeds what we are looking for and you have the mentioned certs, etc. the potential is even higher for the exceptional candidate. I will dangle the carrot that we are anticipating several retirements thru the next 5 years so opportunities on day shift will be opening up.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    CM is absolutely correct in his statement about certs and so on. Pay will be based on actual "relevant" experience. If your relevant experience exceeds what we are looking for and you have the mentioned certs, etc. the potential is even higher for the exceptional candidate. I will dangle the carrot that we are anticipating several retirements thru the next 5 years so opportunities on day shift will be opening up.

As was said in another thread- "Don't want minimum wage, don't have minimum skills." As this very practical thread demonstrates, opportunities are out there for those who put in the time and effort to master their craft. Those who don't? Whose fault is that?

Good luck filling the position.

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    Hey Frank, I have a guy that's interested down here in Bloomington. Degree in Industrial Maintenance with military and government (Crane Naval) experience. Shoot me a PM with your contact info and I'll get him in touch with you.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Updating my update; while the original general maintenance day shift position has been filled we do have a gm position that will be opening in our Carmel facility. We are planning on filling this position starting in the 2nd quarter. So here's your opportunity to get curb stomped by Kutnupe and getting paid at the same time!!!

Huntinfool

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2013
    That almost sounds like fun. Also I have an open-water SCUBA Diving cert. Does that help?? Actually I probably have a few others, that might be more applicable.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    That almost sounds like fun. Also I have an open-water SCUBA Diving cert. Does that help?? Actually I probably have a few others, that might be more applicable.

Well we do have this one place down in the basement where I suppose you could scuba. It has a couple of pumps in it and is typically full of brown trout. I wouldn't use my own personal gear for it. Come to think of it, I've only been in the room twice in 12 years and never in "the Pit". (That's what we hire contractors for!)

Top Bottom