• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Been having a hard time breathing for the last few months. Recent pneumonia didn't help. My PFTs were horrible. Enter Qvar, Dulera, Spiriva, and I'm feeling great.

last month I could blow about 520 on the peak flow meter and would cough like crazy. Today I pegged it at 800 and no cough. Hoping this is the answer I've been looking for.

anyone else find out they have asthma later in life? I'm 38.

diavic

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    No asthma. but I developed, tree pollen, indoor molds, outdoor molds, dustmite, Ragweed, and other weed allergies at 31. I basically get no relief since I have allergies covering the entire year. Im considering getting allergy shots.

I guess I could have had them longer but they got bad at 31.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Tried to rep you Printcraft...rep system won't let me.

:+1:

My sister developed asthma in her 40's or 50's. I can't remember how long she has had it but will be 60 this year. She is sooooo old.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Been having a hard time breathing for the last few months. Recent pneumonia didn't help. My PFTs were horrible. Enter Qvar, Dulera, Spiriva, and I'm feeling great.

last month I could blow about 520 on the peak flow meter and would cough like crazy. Today I pegged it at 800 and no cough. Hoping this is the answer I've been looking for.

anyone else find out they have asthma later in life? I'm 38.

It was mid 20s for me.

And as I get older, my allergies hit my lungs way more than they affect my sinuses. UGH.

And thinking of 38 being "later in life" has ruined my day.

Last edited:

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Asthma diagnose in the late twenties but hasn't been a problem in quite awhile although the allergies have been rearing their head more than normal the past year or two.

Diesel24v

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 27, 2012
    Central
    I had it really bad as a kid but they said that I "grew out of it". Was also told recently that there was a good chance that it would come back eventually but haven't any issues for quite some time and I hope that it continues to be that way. Asthma can be very miserable!

FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    Not asthma, but I seem to have developed a food allergy in the last year that my doc and I can't seem to pin down. Super annoying and it just came out of nowhere at 30 years old.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Singulair was the BEST thing I ever found for my son. He was on it as a preventative for most of his childhood. He was diagnosed with asthma at about 11 months (found out it was an allergy to milk when he was weaned) and was hospitalized once after a rather fun ride in an ambulance.

bacon#1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Outside The Matrix
    My inhalers are about $800/mo for the three, not including an albuterol as needed. Yowsers.

Being a doctor you don't get a hook-up. Figured you just walked up to the pharmacist and say, hey brother give me the friends and family deal on my inhalers and I'll make sure your colon stays in tip top shape. Assuming you're a proctologist.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Are you sure you don't have hyprocondriacism

well, that's a serious condition so it's a logical loop :runaway:

Being a doctor you don't get a hook-up. Figured you just walked up to the pharmacist and say, hey brother give me the friends and family deal on my inhalers and I'll make sure your colon stays in tip top shape. Assuming you're a proctologist.

wouldn't that be nice? Fortunately I do know a pulmonologist and he gave me samples for first month. I had already bought the Qvar. The hope is I can maintain just on that once I get things settled down.

Have you tried yoga?

90 seconds of it, but I was too lightheaded from the workout beforehand to continue

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    My inhalers are about $800/mo for the three, not including an albuterol as needed. Yowsers.

Wow! That reminds of when I was on Bydureon!

Anyway, do you have to use your albuterol inhaler very often?

I use Combivent (which combines ipratropium bromide with the albuterol) in one of those new-fangled respimats instead of the traditional puffer type inhaler. It works a LOT better, but they're not cheap and you're supposed to discard them after 90 days after you open a cartridge even if you haven't used it much.

Top Bottom