• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mastery

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Here
    ETA: This contest is now closed. See post #39 below for the winners!

---

I've been on this site for years and have learned tons of great information, bought/sold/traded lots of different stuff, and most importantly, met some very good people. I decided that it's way past time that I become a site supporter AND ALSO cover a couple of others for a year membership so the site gets a few more bucks to help give back a little and to maybe make up a little for my laziness in not registering earlier.

So, time to have a little fun.

I'm offering up, randomly, to cover the annual subscription fee for three others to become/stay site supporters (I signed myself up this afternoon....about time I say!) So, if you have been thinking about becoming an official supporter but have been too cheap like me to make a donation, here's your chance to get somebody else to cover it for you for the first year. And, to make it fair to all...if you have a current membership, you can enter too and if you get picked, I'll cover your next period when your current one expires. So everybody has the chance to win!

ONLY TWO RULES:

1. Reply to this this thread with A) A statement that you are in, and B) a comment/reference/story of one instance in which this site has helped you in some way.

2. Only one entry per person. You can comment as much as you like in the thread but I'll double check that you only have one shot at winning like everybody else.

In two weeks (evening of Saturday 10/15 if I remember), I'll use random.org to pick the winners from their post numbers here in this thread. I'll make the arrangements with the mods and touch base with the winners after publicly announcing the winners at the top of this posting.

So, who wants a chance at a new/continued free membership?

Last edited:

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    I was given sound direction on scholarships for my daughter from another ingo member. Now I don't have to pay any extra money for her to go to college.

im in"

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I'll let others participate in the drawing, but I'd like to say my piece about INGO.

INGO introduced me to Indiucky and Churchmouse....but it also introduced me to Rhino. So...a wash? :D

In all seriousness, this site has introduced me to some great people. It's not much of a story, but I met Indiucky on this site. When he had a medical issue, I figured I ought to meet him face to face. For whatever reason, we hit it off and he's like a brother to me now. Through him and his clubhouse (aka a gun "store"), I met JW and he's also someone that if he called me at 3am and told me to bring a carpet, bottle of Clorox, and bail money I'd be in my truck enroute at 0310 with no questions asked. They are both good people I'm glad to know.

Churchmouse walked me through fixing my well pump via cell phone with me taking photos and asking him what to do. This is doubly impressive when you recall that I'm a compete moron with electricity and he was answering questions like "do I put the multi-meter on dotted line or squiggly line?" He could have talked a 6 year old through wiring it up right...and it would have been easier. We've been on a cheeseburger exchange program for a bit now, and I always enjoy meeting up with him. He's up next in the rotation...although after the pump incident I probably ought to let him skip a turn.

Coach convinced me to try my hand at training, and I've learned and had the pleasure of teaching thanks to my relationship with him. It's also exposed me to Rhino more often...so a wash?

Rhino's a good dude. The only reason I don't give him a compliment is he'll cut himself with it. I'm up next on the cheeseburger exchange program with him as well.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I'm in.
    Mastery,thanks for doing this!

what I've learned.....
    Indiana gun owners and specifically regular members of INGO are some of the most generous, kindest people you will ever meet!
    theres also plenty of ********, jerks, ******, and *****, but we are outnumbered by the good guys!

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I am in. Thank you for doing this, it helps!:yesway:

I learned what weight and where to place a bullet to slay a feral hog and how I can use the Night Vision I bought here to slay said Bacon on the hoof. Finally, I learned much about suppressing my AR and what to buy so I would need only one suppressor for both my 308's and 223/556's.

I also was able to find a nice home for my kitty cat if I needed to go back into the hospital earlier this year and even found someone who would take her there as they weren't nearby.
    INGO does have some good, helpful people. :ingo: Churchmouse, farmerdan, CameraMonkey, UziButton and all who have shown up for the PROteq Shoot over the years have been a great group.

Last edited:

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I'm in.

When I started reading this site I had an 870, a Mosin and a Hi-point. It took me a while to sign-up and post something but here I am. I learned much, met great folks, and have had great times. Now I have built ARs, reloaded ammo, shot sub MOA, bubbaed a Mosin. If it wasn't for that boating accident I would have a nice gun collection.

Sometimes the wife gets jealous because INGO is getting more of my attention. Anyone else have that problem?

chubbs

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Jun 2, 2009
    North of hell, south of heaven
    When starting my small buisness, I needed help with making a logo. That wasn't something in my wheelhouse of abilities. Every designer I called wanted more than I could swing at the time. One quick post and I had multiple offers to take care of it for free. Thanks Chezuki. Great people helping each other. This is just one of the many times Ingo has been helpful.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    When starting my small buisness, I needed help with making a logo. That wasn't something in my wheelhouse of abilities. Every designer I called wanted more than I could swing at the time. One quick post and I had multiple offers to take care of it for free. Thanks Chezuki. Great people helping each other. This is just one of the many times Ingo has been helpful.
    you forgot to say you are in... :)

Ddillard

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Apr 29, 2016
    Jeffersonville
    I'm in it. One thing I have learned is that there is never a shortage of opinions. Some very good and others, not so. Overall, I have had a great time reading the board. Very informative, these INGO people! The forum has been very helpful in my understanding, or lack thereof, the price and specs on the various firearms.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I'm in.

I came to this hobby / addiction rather late in life at 46. The buddy of mine who got me into guns also referred me to INGO and I'm very glad he did. I've met tons of wonderful people, have bought and sold some great guns and have learned a wealth of knowledge about my new fascination. :yesway:

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    In! Thanks for the chance.

Man, where do I start? Just an incredible amount of knowledge in the membership. Came looking for info on IN gun laws, and never left. I've found that info, training opportunities, and even some new friends. Not a bad little corner of the World Wide Web.

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    I'm in.

I have met more great people through this site than I have met my entire adult life. Evans reviews have helped separate my money from my wallet on more than one occasion. Lovemywoods has allowed me the opportunity to shoot in paradise. The wealth of knowledge I have picked up along the way has been priceless.

ETA: Thank you very much for doing this. It is an excellent opportunity and very kind.

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    I'm in! I was lucky enough to get a job that was posted on ingo. Good people here!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'll let others participate in the drawing, but I'd like to say my piece about INGO.

INGO introduced me to Indiucky and Churchmouse....but it also introduced me to Rhino. So...a wash? :D

In all seriousness, this site has introduced me to some great people. It's not much of a story, but I met Indiucky on this site. When he had a medical issue, I figured I ought to meet him face to face. For whatever reason, we hit it off and he's like a brother to me now. Through him and his clubhouse (aka a gun "store"), I met JW and he's also someone that if he called me at 3am and told me to bring a carpet, bottle of Clorox, and bail money I'd be in my truck enroute at 0310 with no questions asked. They are both good people I'm glad to know.

Churchmouse walked me through fixing my well pump via cell phone with me taking photos and asking him what to do. This is doubly impressive when you recall that I'm a compete moron with electricity and he was answering questions like "do I put the multi-meter on dotted line or squiggly line?" He could have talked a 6 year old through wiring it up right...and it would have been easier. We've been on a cheeseburger exchange program for a bit now, and I always enjoy meeting up with him. He's up next in the rotation...although after the pump incident I probably ought to let him skip a turn.

Coach convinced me to try my hand at training, and I've learned and had the pleasure of teaching thanks to my relationship with him. It's also exposed me to Rhino more often...so a wash?

Rhino's a good dude. The only reason I don't give him a compliment is he'll cut himself with it. I'm up next on the cheeseburger exchange program with him as well.

No worries on the Burger.....my turn in the rotation.

Just Ingo folks helping out. It is one of the things that got me hooked on this place.
    I have met and made so many good friends here.
    Yes, I would respond with the gear listed above for many of them.
    Yet to meet Indiucky or the Rhino but am looking forward to it.
    I am actually wanting to meet up with Kut one day.....:)

I am not in the contest as this should be for the membership not the staff but I had to respond. This has put a smile on my mug.

bocefus78

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 9, 2014
    Hamilton Co.
    I'm in.

I've only been around for a couple years, but this place grows on me everyday. A while back, I posted a wtb ad for a Mosin sling. In less than an hour, bwframe emailed me and said he was shipping one out free of charge.

Thx bw! I still remember that gesture.

Ingo also got me into helping out the AS and RR crowd which has introduced me to some very cool peeps!

Thx ingo!

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I'm in.

The biggest and most important thing INGO has taught me is just having a gun isn't enough. Training and knowledge of the law concerning carrying and using a firearm are just as important.

The comedy relief here always makes me smile.

Oh yeah. There's the people too! :+1:

Last edited:

david890

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2014
    Bloomington
    I'm in. One of the few places you can still sell firearms. Interesting "discussions" with others.

Ooooh, Indy behind by 3 with 3 minutes to go.....:popcorn:

Top Bottom