• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • a.bentonab

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    Evansville
    Any votes with justification for best pizza in evansville? Turoni's, Steves Una Pizza, Kipplees, Roca Bar, Deerhead, Pangea, Walton's International Comfort Food, all good choices.

But currently I think our favorite is Big M's.

Heavy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2016
    Tippecanoe County
    Wife and I took our son down there in October to see a Paw Patrol "live" show for his 5th bday. We had pizza at a joint called Old Chicago's on E.loyd expressway (if I remember correctly). It seemed like a chain not mom and pop. Pretty good though.

Informed Decision

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2014
    Evansville
    I feel that people mostly like Turoni's for the atmosphere . It seems more like a restaurant you might see on a Chicago street. Hyland Pizza really seems more like a sports bar since there are TV's everywhere. I feel you're paying as much for the atmosphere as for the pizza at Turoni's . JMHA!

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    Rounders Pizza on mill rd, and one in Daylight. But there are way too many pizza places to say who is the best, everyone has different likes.....

Opie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Evansville
    Turoni's or Roca Bar.

Roca Bar's Italian salad is hands down better. Turoni's usually has slightly better pizza, especially the house special with the pepperoncinis on top. Both of them are overpriced at $20+ for a large thin crust, but somehow they continue to get my money.

I am a weirdo and eat mostly the "Aloha Special" from Roca Bar or "Hawaiian Delight" from Turonis, so you may not want to listen to my opinion. If I get anything else it is usually the house special from Turoni's.

Oh, forgot to add..... Roca Bar has some live entertainment on summer weekends. The last couple of bands were not real great, but there is not much to do near Darmstadt at night!

Last edited:

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I cant eat turonis, it give me the drizzling poops everytime!, I cant believe nobody's said sams pizzeria yet, its pretty good! but my favorite is covert ave una pizza, next to mcdonalds on covert ave and second is Old Chicago!, they have a traditional Chicago stuffed pizza till January 1st and I plan on eating it at least once more before then!

Opie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Evansville
    I like the food at Old Chicago, but they mop the floor with a dirty mop and it smells like mildew in there. It's been like that the last couple of times I have been there and the other people I was with said the same thing.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Rounders Pizza on mill rd, and one in Daylight. But there are way too many pizza places to say who is the best, everyone has different likes.....

I eat there just about every time I go visit my brother and daughter. My brother lives about five minutes away from Rounders.

They have a hot Stromboli that is pretty amazing too. Yum yum!

PaulKersey

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 16, 2012
    Evansville
    Turoni's has a catchy song and advertising campaign, but as someone said earlier, it seems the appeal is the atmosphere and not necessarily the food. I haven't tried some of the places that have been mentioned in this thread - I guess it's time to do some research!

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    I eat there just about every time I go visit my brother and daughter. My brother lives about five minutes away from Rounders.

They have a hot Stromboli that is pretty amazing too. Yum yum!

If you like stromboli's may I suggest Dave's Sports Den, or Lyles sportszone pizza & pub. They have a loaded strom called the Lyleboli which I think is the best strom I have ever had.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I like Turroni's a lot but the pizza market in Eville seems overwhelmed with the very thin crust, square cut style pizza (St Louis style?). I wish there was a greater variety of more traditional hand tossed pizza purveyors. The Slice near UE is very good and, surprisingly, Milano's downtown has a pretty good slice as well. Milano's chicken pesto and Greek pizzas are tasty.

Interesting note, in the late 1960's-early 1970's my parents had a chance to buy the Forget-Me-Not Inn which was just a bar at that time. They thought it would make a good pizza place but didn't have the money or gumption to follow through. 30 years later boom, Turronis.

Top Bottom