• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    ...no discussions on race or religion? Some of the b.s. going on lately is quite entertaining, but at the same time ruining INGO. There seems to be an increase in personal attacks during disussions involving either.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Personally, while I enjoy the politics/religion topics (most of the time), I'd be willing to barter those away if we can also exclude the conspiracy-theory threads. I mean, actual conspiracies would be fine to talk about. Speculative ones, especially in this day and age, can be morally offensive.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Not exactly my point. The challenges are fine, its the way they are presented that are getting old.

Be creative, simply cussing one another would get old. ;)

Personally, while I enjoy the politics/religion topics (most of the time), I'd be willing to barter those away if we can also exclude the conspiracy-theory threads. I mean, actual conspiracies would be fine to talk about. Speculative ones, especially in this day and age, can be morally offensive.

Quit believing lies and I'll quit challenging you.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I think it's a good thing to be able to debate hot button issues, if, for no other reason, it weeds out the members who have no self control, wether they get banned, or go on an ignore list. I use those kind of threads to see who is a candidate for ignoring, and not simply because I disagree with them, but because of how they present themselves.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    For me, learning to debate without being angry and/or insulting and taking things to a personal level is a good thing. I know way too many people who lack that skill. I used to be one sometimes. The people who have gotten shootered, temp banned, or put on ignore surely saw it coming, and chose to continue their crap. It's not that hard to step away from the computer and think things through before posting! OK, sometimes it is a little hard, but we can do it!

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    ...no discussions on race or religion? Some of the b.s. going on lately is quite entertaining, but at the same time ruining INGO. There seems to be an increase in personal attacks during disussions involving either.

Could it just be that since you dislike those topics, that you avoid those threads instead of banning others from discussing what they wish?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    These threads usually start out OK. Well, the Flaming gay thread was an exception.

As the topic goes for a few pages emotions get the best of folks and the sticks/rocks tend to come out.

In threads are posted asking for civility and we can enjoy another 3 or 4 pages and again, emotions/tempers.

We let the forum openly discuss these issues as some are directly related to gun ownership and we asked for civil discourse. Asking for and receiving same, well.....

Top Bottom