• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    I have eaten at Voodoo Public House and yeah it was quite good. A lot of their menu (at the time anyway) was slanted towards Caribbean style cuisine, hence the name I guess.

steve0322

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2015
    Mooresville
    Zydecos has gone downhill a bit since they were on Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives. It's not the same fun friendly atmosphere it used to be. I keep seeing milk toot on a bunch of these lists, but I can't bring myself to go to an overpriced breakfast place where you you aren't allowed to ask to have something left off the dish because it offends the cook and his "art".

Last edited by a moderator:

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Only place local to me was Stories in Greensburg.....One of the best Tenderloins in the state and great handmade pies...

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    Essenhaus is worth checking out. I'm not sure how xxx keeps getting on best of lists.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Zydecos has gone downhill a bit since they were on Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives. It's not the same fun friendly atmosphere it used to be. I keep seeing milk toot on a bunch of these lists, but I can't bring myself to go to an overpriced breakfast place where you you aren't allowed to ask to have something left off the dish because it offends the cook and his "art".
    Zydeco's is good. My beef is the crappy waitress that is related to the chef. The most God awful service EVER. Food was awesome, buy she was not. I work with a lady that works there part time and she clued me in as to why she still works there as bad as she is. We were there on a random Thursday nite. Not busy at ALL and it took us almost 90 minutes to get out of there. Forever to take our order, Food arrived quickly and well prepared, then she disappeared. Other server was running around doing well, but ours was nowhere to be found. We just about got up and left without paying. Just as I stood up to go walk over to the bar to ask the bartender to cash out, she finally showed up. 10 minutes to come back with our cards to get our signatures. If they were busy it would be understandable, but they were dead.

Essenhaus is worth checking out. I'm not sure how xxx keeps getting on best of lists.
    Somebody knows somebody. LOL

They missed Gray Bros, The Steer Inn (Hear they have AMAZING tenderloins), and Tye Dye Grill.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Ah, Gnaw Bone tenderloins, Hinkles burgers in Btown and Nashville House's fried biscuits w/apple butter were, maybe still are, destinations for great eats. It's all subjective and any given day could impress or depress.

Some folks love atmospheres that others just couldn't stand. Poor service, no service, etc. Me, I look at the floors and visit the restroom to determine stay or go. Often a caring service staff can turn a dump into a regular destination.

Last edited:

steve0322

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2015
    Mooresville
    Zydeco's is good. My beef is the crappy waitress that is related to the chef. The most God awful service EVER. Food was awesome, buy she was not. I work with a lady that works there part time and she clued me in as to why she still works there as bad as she is.

Somebody knows somebody. LOL

They missed Gray Bros, The Steer Inn (Hear they have AMAZING tenderloins), and Tye Dye Grill.

The food at Zydeco's has always been good...no issues there. The service just hasn't been the same. The garlic stew and jambalaya is a good combo on cold nights.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Iv'e eaten at number 4,5,6 and 12. They were okay but I can think of 4 restaurants here in Bloomington that I'd rather eat at then those four.

GregD

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    Madison County
    Ah, Gnaw Bone tenderloins, Hinkles burgers in Btown and Nashville House's fried biscuits w/apple butter were, maybe still are, destinations for great eats. It's all subjective and any given day could impress or depress.

Some folks love atmospheres that others just couldn't stand. Poor service, no service, etc. Me, I look at the floors and visit the restroom to determine stay or go. Often a caring service staff can turn a dump into a regular destination.

Really sorry to say it but the Nashville House is really getting bad !
    I have been eating there for 30 years and loved it.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Not a restaurant but if you're at one of the festivals or fairs they set up at, give Belly Busters a try. They have really good tenderloins and pork chop sandwiches. A friend turned us on to them this year and we've been known to make a special trip to wherever they are, just to get a sandwich.

pilgrim

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Columbus
    For an out of the way bar The Brick in Jonesville does serve up some really good juicy burgers off the flat top and the chili is good also, just don't look for fries or onion rings bag of chips instead.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Mrs Wicks Is worth the drive and then some!

I used to drive a route cleaning Verizon Central offices and I was in Winchester about 3 times a week. I ate at Mrs Wicks at least once a week :) I carried a cooler with me and would hit their frozen "factory seconds" pie section. Mrs Wicks pies for $5.99, yes please!

Top Bottom