• ...and so much more!
  • rhinoabe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2008
    Jennings Co.
    I wont go back
    My nephew took me to Texas Roadhouse in Columbus, Indiana on 01/02/2017 for my Birthday. We waited 10min for table which wasn't bad for a busy night. Once seated we where asked what we would like, ordered onion blossom 2 cokes. Server asked if we knew what we wanted and I ordered a 8oz sirloin baked potato Cesar salad , nephew ordered 14oz ribeye and steak fries and chili. 15 min later a young girl brought the chili 10 more minutes go buy someone brings my salad and not much ...with no croutons. A few more minutes go buy and my nephew asked about our onion blossom and the girl says oh and leaves. After a while we are brought steaks nephew is given a NY strip with baked potato and me what looked a burnt small ribeye and steak fries, they take it back.20 min later they bring our onion blossom and a bowl of chili a strip fries to my nephew and told him to take the steak now or it will get cold. 20 min later they bring me a NY strip and the girl yanked the steak from my nephew(he ate the fries and was waiting for me to get my steak to eat his) gave him a small ribeye with steak fries and me a 12 oz NY strip. we where not offered desert. The waitress said sorry and took 10% off the bill. We entered the restaurant at 4:10 and walked at 6:02 and we did not lollygag. As soon as I ate my last bite we left. Almost 2hrs to have a meal is not good service. Oh and he was charged for a 12oz NY strip and a 16oz ribeye that he didn't even get. Sorry to rant but I have worked in food service in my younger days and this would not have happened with me on duty. My nephew is so laid back he wouldn't say a word and it was his treat so I just sat quietly.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Obviously really crappy service, but you didn't address this by quietly but firmly asking to see the manager?
    You won't get results from this particular establishment if you don't let them know right when all this happened.
    Just speaking for how it should have been handled if you had gone to the manager, you would have gotten your entire bill waived with apologies and a gift certificate for the amount that you had expected to pay for the spoiled meal, and a request for you to return after a week to see if their service had improved in that time, and a blank comment card for you to fill out for your return trip.
    Yeah, yeah, a lot of people are cynical about that ideal solution, but at least part of it -- the waived bill at the very least -- almost certainly would have happened if you had just spoken up.
    You could have gotten your meal covered, and you would have given them a chance to correct the error of their ways, but neither happens if you confine your *****ing to a gun forum.

rhinoabe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2008
    Jennings Co.
    My nephew is young and he was calling the shots. If I had been the one paying the bill I would of asked for the Mgr. and explained the situation to them as I have at other establishments. I have also turned down compensated meals and gift cards for a return visit. When I do speak to management it is to let them know how I feel about the service so they have a chance to correct the situation. I don't want anything I am not paying for and I will pay for what I get.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    My nephew is young and he was calling the shots. If I had been the one paying the bill I would of asked for the Mgr. and explained the situation to them as I have at other establishments. I have also turned down compensated meals and gift cards for a return visit. When I do speak to management it is to let them know how I feel about the service so they have a chance to correct the situation. I don't want anything I am not paying for and I will pay for what I get.

I get that, but it still would have helped to at least give them a chance to make amends.
    Just sayin'

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Hit their website and leave feedback. I've done that with restaurants before and have had some try to make things up to me. Even if not, it lets someone know what's going on so they can attempt to fix it.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    We refuse to eat at Golden Corral...haven't been in that place in 15 years. They ran clear out of peanut butter cookies. Hell wid em.

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    Texas Roadhouse really does a great job for us on Veterans day.

Free meal with all the trimmings, $10 gift card, and good service.

I would address it with them in a reasonable manner and see what they say.

My .02.

Don

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Here's my pet peeve with Texas Roadhouse, "Can you cut your steak and see if it's the right temperature?"

I shouldn't have to do that at a steakhouse.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    We ate at a Texas Roadhouse last night and everyone bent over backwards to make sure our meal was perfect and it was.

Different locations, different staff, different management.

Last edited:

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Here's my pet peeve with Texas Roadhouse, "Can you cut your steak and see if it's the right temperature?"

I shouldn't have to do that at a steakhouse.

:scratch:
    hmm, I've never been asked to do that.

there are 2 establishments within 15-25 minutes of home. Which one I go to is a toss up. Each establishment is different in how they handle things.
    I honestly would have said something if my meal was wrong like the OP. I don't complain to get free stuff, I complain to give them a chance to fix a problem, not just for me but for future customers.

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    The locations in Fishers (126th & 37) and East Indy (Shadeland Ave.) have always been top-notch in my opinion and experience.

Any mistakes or issues have always been met with prompt, appropriate courteous correction. Excellent food and I think their price is very hard to beat for the quality.

YMMV, apparently. I've only eaten at a handful of other locations a time or two and didn't have any problems.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Maybe it's a Kokomo thing, but they do it every time. I order medium rare, and I'll eat anything from rare to medium, but most of the time they can't even hit that range. I haven't gone in a long time, I can cook a better steak at home.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Maybe it's a Kokomo thing, but they do it every time. I order medium rare, and I'll eat anything from rare to medium, but most of the time they can't even hit that range. I haven't gone in a long time, I can cook a better steak at home.

As DO03 said, Shadeland Ave location is top notch and that is the closest one to my house. Med Rare is how I get mine, Med Well is how the boys get theirs. Sometimes Med Well isn't quite done, but they correct it quickly.
    Southport Rd is the other location I go to, I haven't been in some time, but they ranked right up to the top last time I was in. I couldn't always say that for them though. Change of staff, etc. they are back to better establishment.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    When I go out to eat, I expect a pleasant, relaxing experience. I don't expect to interact with management in training their employees. At least not without being paid.

For some reason, my wife has often had problems with her meal while mine was fine. I advise her to order what I do and sometimes she does.

Longhorn is pretty good but they always seem to take a few minutes longer to bring out the food than I think is reasonable. Manager usually stops by to check on us.

Top Bottom