• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    ...or something else? You be the judge. (Yes, for the weak minded, "murder attempt" should be in purple)

This video is all over the place, but usually shown in short snippets. Here is a longer version.

[video=youtube;EtsrIpeMIkE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtsrIpeMIkE[/video]

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    Thats hard to watch. Kids are resilient. Could easily have gone a different way.

rw02kr43

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    Paragon
    that was hard to watch. Our little guy isn't quite 2 yet and he's able to climb out of his crib constantly. We recently converted his crib to a toddler bed and installed a camera with night vision. He's on the move all the time. We're able to talk through the camera to him. That blows his mind, but it's fun. We have everything covered up or anchored down. Still worry though. He's so little and squishy.

Jason

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Yeah. Not know all of the circumstances, I don't want to be harsh, but my initial reaction was that there were some parenting mistakes here. None of us are perfect parents and hopefully some lessons are learned. When my oldest son was about 1 year old, I put him down for a nap and forgot to put the crib side up. He stodd up and took a header out of the crib onto the hardwood floor. He's 19 now and a freshman in college now...and as i understand it, they no longer sell cribs where the side goes up and down.

...but as TB1999 alluded to, sometimes you don't get a chance to learn from your mistakes and things go horribly bad, really fast.

Last edited:

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Saw this on the news. Mom says they didn't hear any crash or screaming. They only found the dresser overturned in the morning and reviewed video to find out. Twin #1 does lift the dresser off twin#2 so he was trying to help. They have since screwed the dresser to the wall. The twin boys screamed and tore around the room during the whole interview so I imagine they are a handful.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    ...Twin #1 does lift the dresser off twin#2 so he was trying to help....

After he wanders around the room and climbs up on the dresser to put extra weight on his brother (hence the "attempted murder" statement)...but eventually, he realizes that it wasn't going to work and gets him out.

I'd watch that one.

myhightechsec

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2016
    The Region
    Screw everything to the wall... good rule to follow with young kids in the home. Of course, when I was in the navy I tipped a file cabinet over on top of myself so it happens to us also.:cool:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    As a non-parent, my first reaction was "who has a dresser with all empty drawers in their kids' room?"

As the parent of 4, I had the same question...but like I said, I'm here to rag on the parents.

Maybe I'm just envious of parents who apparently have enough storage space that they can have narrow, unstable dressers empty. Everything I've got is wider, apparently heavier and full to the gills. If the kids would manage to get one of my dressers tipping...they would be goners.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    It never appeared the pinned child was in all that much distress. He was able to wriggle around fairly easily and at one point even managed to roll over from his back to his stomach.

Scary for sure, but I'd be interested in hearing the audio. It seems plausible that he never did scream.

Top Bottom