• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • the only Qualk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Valpo
    I am sorry to say that Tuesday night we lost Goober135. For those of the NWI meet and shoot group that met and talked with him you new how nice and caring goober was towards every one. I have known him since middle school and no matter he was always a great guy. He will be greatly missed as he was taken far too soon.

Last edited:

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I think he was the first face I saw at the first M&S I went to. He asked if I was there for the shoot and offered to carry an ammo can. What happened?

the only Qualk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Valpo
    His obituary will run Friday and Saturday. I am not sure which paper. At the moment I have not heard C.O.D. he was found at home unresponsive and that is all I know.
    Goober was at many meet and shoots a few years ago and setup rifle challenges with prizes from pumpkin pie around halloween/thanksgiving to gift cards. He is also the person that got me into guns.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    :crying:
    Nnnnnnnnoooooooooooo!!!
    Please let us know what happen and where we can find the info online.

He was the one that started the monthly rifle compettions at the meet and shoot and gave out prizes. I would joke with him that he needed to win a razor to shave.
    He was always smiling and friendly to all of us. Heck i had his canopy for about 5 months for the and he qas ok with it back in 2015 till i finally bought my own.

the only Qualk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Valpo
    Goober also had his double barrel shotgun with two triggers in which he allowed many of us to shoot both barrels at the same time for a good laugh.

Visitation will be on Saturday from 1:00-5:00 PM and Sunday from 10:30 AM until the time of service.
    Moeller Funeral Home
    104 Roosevelt Road
    Valparaiso, IN 46383

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Goober also had his double barrel shotgun with two triggers in which he allowed many of us to shoot both barrels at the same time for a good laugh.

Visitation will be on Saturday from 1:00-5:00 PM and Sunday from 10:30 AM until the time of service.
    Moeller Funeral Home
    104 Roosevelt Road
    Valparaiso, IN 46383

I working during visitation.
    Maybe I can make the funeral.
    :(

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    Anyone have pics from the Meet & Shoots? I'm sure I have him in my pic collection but I wouldn't be able to remember which one was Goober.

OMG. Same here. He was half my age. Funny guy. He was the guy that first introduced me to shooting a red dot on a 22 ruger pistol. And now, all my Ruger 22s have red dot sights. Thanks, Bro!

Give me a few days, and I'll look for pics. As some of you know, I've shot a lot up there.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Anyone have pics from the Meet & Shoots? I'm sure I have him in my pic collection but I wouldn't be able to remember which one was Goober.
    I think he is the one in the gray hat with black stripes in the middle. This pic was from April 2012 by Esrice.
    9ca5002e.jpg

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I think he is the one in the gray hat with black stripes in the middle. This pic was from April 2012 by Esrice.
    9ca5002e.jpg

Yes that is him.
    I told him once that he reminded me of the GI Joe character called outback.
    02.jpg

His beard and smile gave him that look.

Attachments

• 02.jpg
      02.jpg
      47.5 KB · Views: 0
    Top Bottom