• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    They'll make millions off of this, if they market it correctly. This is a phone for the Third World masses (assuming the price point is right), not the anti-smart phone snobs.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Looks like the revolver carrying guys and gals can finally ditch their flip phones.
    I don't even have a flip phone. I don't have a cell phone of any sort. I carry revolvers. I like things they way they are too. You can be tracked like a dog if you wish, I refuse to do so. :)

Not sure if that makes me a snob but it does make me me.:cool:

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I use my phone for INGO, text, and flashlight mostly. Throw in a random Google search here and there. I definitely don't have it out staring at it most of the day. I can see the appeal with this anti-smartphone though.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    They'll make millions off of this, if they market it correctly. This is a phone for the Third World masses (assuming the price point is right), not the anti-smart phone snobs.
    I was anti smart phone because I know that anyone can tap into your smart phone at anytime (even flip phone) and listen or look in and have done it. The FBI got the top of the mob solely by this means in the 90's.
    Now I just don't give a crap.
    But I want one of these. Less temptation to **** around online and buy **** I don't need

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I don't even have a flip phone. I don't have a cell phone of any sort. I carry revolvers. I like things they way they are too. You can be tracked like a dog if you wish, I refuse to do so. :)

Absolutely nothing against you. A while back in one of the "show us your EDC gear" threads, a surprisingly high number of revolver guys also had flip phones. There seemed to be a trend of a simple, no frills, basic tool for the job.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Actually, it is far from anti smartphone. Its for the ultra savvy smartphone carrier.

Its designed as a second phone for smartphone users. Just like we may carry a full/mid size EDC, there are times were we want/need to carry a BUG. This is the BUG to the smartphone.

But it would be handy for staying in touch where you would be concerned about leaving your $600 smartphone at a bar, Getting it trashed boating, etc.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Looks like they're marketing it more of a "back up" phone, than an "instead of" phone.

Actually, it is far from anti smartphone. Its for the ultra savvy smartphone carrier.

Its designed as a second phone for smartphone users. Just like we may carry a full/mid size EDC, there are times were we want/need to carry a BUG. This is the BUG to the smartphone.

But it would be handy for staying in touch where you would be concerned about leaving your $600 smartphone at a bar, Getting it trashed boating, etc.

Damn. I'm on EVERYONE'S ignore list. :)
    Must be my sparkling personality.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009

Current pre-order price is $150. From what I can find it doesn't work by itself, the app forwards calls from your regular smart phone to this one. You still need another phone/plan to make it work. ETA after further checking, it can be used as a stand alone phone.

My phone cost about $10 outright from the store. It's not a smart phone but it works for calls/text. Seems like a cheaper/better option for the Third World masses.

Looks like they're marketing it more of a "back up" phone, than an "instead of" phone.

Yep.

I have a non smart cell phone. And there are ways to stop tracking if you wish. Shut it off and pull the battery. Or put it in a pouch/case designed to block signals.

I was anti smart phone because I know that anyone can tap into your smart phone at anytime (even flip phone) and listen or look in and have done it. The FBI got the top of the mob solely by this means in the 90's.
    Now I just don't give a crap.

Not if you follow the directions above.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I have a non smart cell phone. And there are ways to stop tracking if you wish. Shut it off and pull the battery. Or put it in a pouch/case designed to block signals.

Yep. But it blocks ALL signals. Including cell signals so you cant get calls while its in the bag. Might as well save the money and turn the damn thing off.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I know Timmyjoebillybob. I have never really felt the need. IF I were to go on any sort of a distance trip with my car, I'd likely get a trac phone in case I needed to call AAA.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    I know Timmyjoebillybob. I have never really felt the need. IF I were to go on any sort of a distance trip with my car, I'd likely get a trac phone in case I needed to call AAA.

This ^ is why I originally bought a phone (Trac Phone). Simple flip phone for traveling emergencies. Only family and close friends had the number. Then I became a supervisor at work. Work calls started flowing in. I let the minutes run out. Work bought and is paying for a iphone now. I love it.

I hope I am being tracked. I am old and forgetful and it would be nice to know where I have been :D

Top Bottom