How long should you have to stay in prison for killing someone ?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    I was watching the 5:00 o'clock this evening and saw a story about IPD officer David Bisard possibly being released from prison as early as June of this year. For those who don't recall, Bisard was found guilty of driving drunk in November of 2013. He was driving his patrol car when he slammed into motorcyclists Eric Wells, Mary Wills, and Kurt Weekly. Wells died at the scene. Bisard was convicted of drunk driving, reckless homicide, and criminal recklessness.

So Bisard, who has received credit for good behavior, vocation education, and taking a substance abuse class will receive a reduction in his prison time with a release scheduled for this year. Additional sentence reduction was also the result of Bisard obtaining an Associates degree while in prison.

Don't get me wrong - I'm all for rehabilitation and for giving someone a second chance after they've done their time BUT, Bisard committed the crime in 2010 and was convicted November 5, 2013. By my rough calculation if he gets out in June of this year he will have been in prison for 3 1/2 years.

I suppose one could argue that's what the sentencing structure is according to the law. However, 3 1/2 years bars doesn't seem like much for killing someone - whether with a gun, knife, or your car.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom