• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    This caught my attention this morning when WIBC carried the story. Lost River Road is south of Campbellsburg. The site of the murder is about 3 miles from my wife's parents house. I grew up 10 miles from there to the north, just south of East Fork White River. According to the Facebook memorial page the victim was class of 2015 from West Washington High School. I was class of 82, my wife was class of 84.

I remember when a high school senior murdered his parents in Hardinsburg in 1981. I remember when former Sheriff Clyde Nichols was murdered outside his church in Salem in 1984. I remember when someone shot and killed his cousin near Fort Ritner over a catfish, maybe 1980. I can think of a couple other murders in Salem. The words murder and Campbellsburg in the same sentence are something I can't recall ever hearing in my 52 years.

My wife and I left Washington County in 1986 when I joined the USAF. We moved to Avon after I retired in 2007. Having lived 4 miles west of Raceway Road for the past 9+ years I have to say I'm more surprised when no one gets killed in Indianapolis than I am when I read there were three murders overnight. When someone kills their roommate in Campbellsburg? That shocks me.

Washington Co. man arrested after police find roommate's body - WDRB 41 Louisville News

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Ah, you were a dub dub'er :):

I remember when that started. West Washington has too many syllables for one of our rival schools it would seem :stickpoke: Looking at your location (this is too easy) For your mascot do you have a guy in a costume or do you use an actual meth-head?

:hijack: There is a fine art to jacking ones own thread. Back to the topic: When I saw the suspect's name I remembered it from my Washington County days, not a positive thing in this case.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    I remember when that started. West Washington has too many syllables for one of our rival schools it would seem :stickpoke: Looking at your location (this is too easy) For your mascot do you have a guy in a costume or do you use an actual meth-head?

:hijack: There is a fine art to jacking ones own thread. Back to the topic: When I saw the suspect's name I remembered it from my Washington County days, not a positive thing in this case.

Ha ha. Not sure Scottsburg even has a mascot. I graduated from Salem. I always loved the football rivalries.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    That's a long rivalry friend

Class of 82. My age was used in reference to not remembering a murder in that town in my OP. As far a rivalries? WW-Salem just got started compared to some.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Ha ha. Not sure Scottsburg even has a mascot. I graduated from Salem. I always loved the football rivalries.

Avon High School's colors are black and gold like that "other school" in Washington County. I got over it. I prefer red, white and blue, but I got over it. My youngest son is an Avon grad. My oldest graduated high school when I was stationed in Virginia. Their colors were orange and white, I was neutral on those colors.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    I am a transplant. My wife has been a teacher in Salem for 33 years.

She grew up in Campbellsburg and went to West Washington.

Don

I probably remember your wife then. Heck, she may have been my teacher. I graduated in '97. Even then she still had 13 years under her belt at Salem

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Hope not, doesn't sound like a good thing.

She wasn't a very good driver. No one knew her name, so we referred to her as "the girl in the green Gremlin". It has a ring to it, plus the Gremlin was cooler than the AMC Pacer and less likely to explode than the Ford Pinto.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Last edited:
    Top Bottom