• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tula47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Jun 28, 2013
    Knox Co.
    I purchased off ebay a couple months ago a set of cut down LC Smith shotgun barrels and today my soon to be brother in-law and I started to turn them into my wedding band. I have to order another boring bar to cut the inside to proper size but I should have that next week.

71silverbullet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Oct 30, 2010
    Southern, In
    Thats a cool idea (except for the getting married part).Keep us updated with the progress. (on the ring, not the marriage)
    A friend of mine who recently got married, made their wedding bands out of a piece of rail road track that he and another guy stole while out drinking one night.
    You should make sure that the person conducting the ceremony tells the story of the ring when you exchange vowels.

Tula47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Jun 28, 2013
    Knox Co.
    Yep, I'm going to polish it and have a local jeweler put a clear lacquer like finish on it. He has made several pieces out of various metals including Damascus and it's done well at preventing rust. I'll probably have to repolish and recoat every few years, which is no big deal.

Tula47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Jun 28, 2013
    Knox Co.
    Thats a cool idea (except for the getting married part).Keep us updated with the progress. (on the ring, not the marriage)
    A friend of mine who recently got married, made their wedding bands out of a piece of rail road track that he and another guy stole while out drinking one night.
    You should make sure that the person conducting the ceremony tells the story of the ring when you exchange vowels.

My step-father will be the on conducting the ceremony so we will see what he says haha

Tula47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Jun 28, 2013
    Knox Co.
    people often ask me how we get rings off with finger injuries. I tell them we have a golem

Haha my brother in-law is a machinist and has had to have 4 wedding rings cut off because they got dented and wouldn't come off his finger... He finally got one of those rubber ones to wear in the shop and I'll probably do the same

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    Interested to see the final results. A buddy of mine had his wedding ring made out of a deer antler, it's probably one of the coolest rings I've seen.

Top Bottom