• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    I live on the far northwest side and have agreed to sell a gun to someone I don't know who lives in Johnson County and would like to meet halfway for both of us. I'm thinking somewhere on the southwest side just outside of 465. Would like a suggestion or two re: where to meet that is public enough for safety sake but private enough to not alarm the general public.

Thanks in advance.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Big box store parking lot, away from the entrance. Lowe's or hardware store. Gun shop.

NOT a gun shop. Gun shops get cranky when people are seen exchanging cash for guns in their lots. I assume absent the whole story observers may think its the 2nd part of a straw purchase. I know firsthand. I met a user at a gun store for an ammo swap and we were confronted by an employee making sure it wasnt a firearm. He was cool with an ammo swap though.

I found the Culvers at 465 and Kentucky is an easy in/out and not too much traffic but not desolate either. And its not a bad neighborhood either.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    NOT a gun shop. Gun shops get cranky when people are seen exchanging cash for guns in their lots. I assume absent the whole story observers may think its the 2nd part of a straw purchase. I know firsthand. I met a user at a gun store for an ammo swap and we were confronted by an employee making sure it wasnt a firearm. He was cool with an ammo swap though.

I found the Culvers at 465 and Kentucky is an easy in/out and not too much traffic but not desolate either. And its not a bad neighborhood either.

I have done deals at gun shops before. In fact the guy I bought from went in the shop and bought items with the money he got from me.

I would never do business again at a shop that treated me the way the guy treated you.

williamsburg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Oaklandon
    Between Greenwood and NW Indy?

There is a Speedway gas station just off 465 on Kentucky Ave. Plenty of space to deal off to the side. Also a Walmart Neighborhood Market across the street. (I've met for a deal at the Speedway before.)

Sam Jones Expressway And Washington St do not offer anything right off 465.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I have done deals at gun shops before. In fact the guy I bought from went in the shop and bought items with the money he got from me.

I would never do business again at a shop that treated me the way the guy treated you.

Dont get me wrong, he was cool about it.

(from across the lot as he was heading to work) "That wasnt a gun transaction was it?"
    "Nope, just swapping some ammo"
    "OK, thats cool! Have a nice day!"

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Between Greenwood and NW Indy?

There is a Speedway gas station just off 465 on Kentucky Ave. Plenty of space to deal off to the side. Also a Walmart Neighborhood Market across the street. (I've met for a deal at the Speedway before.)

Sam Jones Expressway And Washington St do not offer anything right off 465.

I forgot about the Walmart. Thats a good spot.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I met two guys at the pilot on the South loop of 465.

The first trade was for a firearm, the second meetup was to deliver some brass to an IMPD Detective.
    The officer let me know that even though what I was doing was perfectly legal, I might want to pick a different spot.
    He said the lot was being watched for illegal activity.

I thanked him for the good advice. Nothing to hide but don't need the hassle either.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    I met two guys at the pilot on the South loop of 465.

The first trade was for a firearm, the second meetup was to deliver some brass to an IMPD Detective.
    The officer let me know that even though what I was doing was perfectly legal, I might want to pick a different spot.
    He said the lot was being watched for illegal activity.

I thanked him for the good advice. Nothing to hide but don't need the hassle either.

Truck Stops aren't really great. There are other things LEOs are on the look out for there, in addition to lot lizards.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Parking lot with plenty of action.

Good idea! Classy Chassy is right at 37 and 465, but the "action" doesn't start until 3 p.m.... ;)

But seriously, I've used the Flying J parking lot there before, once when the buyer was one of our INGO LEOs. Huge lot, so easy to stay well away from the building.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom