• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RugerRog

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Indy
    Has anyone signed up for the Direct TV Online service? We currently have Uverse and were thinking about switching, and today some ATT guys stopped by and spoke with my wife about Direct TV. They have a new service where it does not require a Dish to receive tv. Plus I dont want a dish. It sounds like it is similar to UVerse. It does require different equipment than uverse. So they would have to swap out the Uverse equipment.

I wanted to see if any of you have it and what your thoughts are about it. If it is like Uverse, then it might be worth a switch as ATT is phasing out Uverse. ATT is going to stop by again tomorrow to talk with me since I wasnt home at the time.

Here is an article I found on the internet about the Direct TV online service.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    I`d love to figure out if this works and is a good deal. We`re so sick of Comcast, and do not want a dish on the house or in the yard.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I`d love to figure out if this works and is a good deal. We`re so sick of Comcast, and do not want a dish on the house or in the yard.

Won't you still need them for your internet service? You DO NOT want satellite internet service, especially if you want to do any streaming.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We opted for the dish. Really not a big deal where they put it. Works really well compared to U-Verse. Pic is so much better.
    Now my internet speed is rocking.

RugerRog

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Indy

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    We opted for the dish. Really not a big deal where they put it. Works really well compared to U-Verse. Pic is so much better.
    Now my internet speed is rocking.
    We've been happy with the TV service. (Except when it rains really hard or you get ice build up on the dish). The internet service is better than nothing which we have out here (other than iffy cell phone internet service).

RugerRog

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Indy
    Looks like it is Direct TV Now, and it is plagued by bugs, outages etc. I'm not switching to that mess. Maybe in a year if they get it fixed, I'll consider it. I think I'll call them and ask them to give me a break on my Uverse bill or threaten to go to Comcast.

I'd like to see Verizon FIOS or Google Fiber come to town add some competition.

long coat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Avon
    Hum, I'm not sure. Thanks for pointing that out. We are happy overall with Uverse except for the price which goes up annually about $6-8 a month. I'll have to research that more.

We have had AT&T for about 6 years. After we moved and they gave us $300 to stay with them (no contract) I called and told them I can switch to Comcast (we had them before & I didn't want them again) and save $ and get more channels. They moved us from u200 to u300 & moved us up to faster Internet for cheaper, but were under a 1 year contract. When that ran out I called again and they moved us to u450 and faster Internet and the price went up $6 or so, still cheaper then what we had with the u200 and slow internet.
    Give them a call and tell then you can switch and save money, they will cut you a deal to stay.

RugerRog

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Indy
    We have had AT&T for about 6 years. After we moved and they gave us $300 to stay with them (no contract) I called and told them I can switch to Comcast (we had them before & I didn't want them again) and save $ and get more channels. They moved us from u200 to u300 & moved us up to faster Internet for cheaper, but were under a 1 year contract. When that ran out I called again and they moved us to u450 and faster Internet and the price went up $6 or so, still cheaper then what we had with the u200 and slow internet.
    Give them a call and tell then you can switch and save money, they will cut you a deal to stay.

Thank you. I'm going to do that! Overall we've been happy with Uverse.

The more I'm reading about Direct TV Now, those folks are pissed! They are beta testing the service and paying ATT to do so. I've beta tested software, and it was free so not too big of a deal, except for the occassional system crash. But I'm not paying ATT to beta test their system.

ws6guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    westside
    My Dish bill is going up again and I already have Uverse internet which I've been very happy with except for the price/speed ratio. So I'm thinking about switch to Uverse TV as I just cannot bring myself to pull the plug yet. It looks like if I switch I'd probably save around $20-$30 a month until the 2 year special pricing runs out. Anyway do any of you use the wireless cable boxes? My house was built in 89 and looks like it has had a dozen cable companies run wires, some lines work and some don't. If the wireless boxes work good it would be so much easier to go that route instead figuring out the mess I have now.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Looks like it is Direct TV Now, and it is plagued by bugs, outages etc. I'm not switching to that mess. Maybe in a year if they get it fixed, I'll consider it. I think I'll call them and ask them to give me a break on my Uverse bill or threaten to go to Comcast.

I'd like to see Verizon FIOS or Google Fiber come to town add some competition.

Google Fiber is dead. They cancelled build out in those cities where it wasn't finished and are not doing any more. No $ in it for them.

Top Bottom