I'm not allowed to call my wife a wuss anymore...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shadow8088

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    At 9:22am on January 16th 2017, my wife gave birth to our son after 4 days of labor, WITHOUT AN EPIDURAL.

Even our OB thought that we were going to have to have a C Section.

HELLP is no freaking joke.

Mom and baby are doing well and could not be more amazing and I am one proud papa!

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Oh...and if you want to start something, my wife had 3 kids without an epidural...she smartened up for the last one. Her words, not mine.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    What's an epidural? I had two with no pain meds of any kind. When I asked for them, I was told it was too late for them....time to push. That doctor got called some choice names as I recall. I sort of remember him telling me to watch my language...my reply cannot be shared here. :lmfao:

He did remain my doctor for many years until I moved and had to find a new one though.

Congratulations! The pain is quickly forgotten when you see that new miracle in person!

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    At 9:22am on January 16th 2017, my wife gave birth to our son after 4 days of labor, WITHOUT AN EPIDURAL.

Even our OB thought that we were going to have to have a C Section.

HELLP is no freaking joke.

Mom and baby are doing well and could not be more amazing and I am one proud papa!

Congratulations on the new baby.

4 days?!

She must H A T E you. :D
    I'm surprised she didn't rip his face off.

What's an epidural? I had two with no pain meds of any kind. When I asked for them, I was told it was too late for them....time to push. That doctor got called some choice names as I recall. I sort of remember him telling me to watch my language...my reply cannot be shared here. :lmfao:

He did remain my doctor for many years until I moved and had to find a new one though.

Congratulations! The pain is quickly forgotten when you see that new miracle in person!

Aaaaand now we know why Mom carries a 45.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    My only child was born without the benefit to my late wife of an epidural or any other artificial means of pain relief.
    From start to finish, the whole process didn't take 12 hours, though.

Shadow8088

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Thanks everyone. We're home. Mom and baby are doing good. The epidural was not an option because of severely low platelets. And cesarian was absolutely the last ditch option because of HELLP syndrome. It could have killed mom.

The lack of sleep is already setting in... Feedings every 3 hours aren't THAT bad.. but when he takes 90 mins to eat... That's not a lot of sleep.

Top Bottom